passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

Wanted to try it this morning but there's something off about the camera settings. When I invert the Y axis it also seemed to invert X. Maybe I could get it to work through trial & error but you have to restart the game for it to apply such a basic thing, so that was the end of it.

I'm not bashing it or anything, it was the trial version of an early access product after all. I'll give it another go whenever it's complete and properly functional.

I saw on Twitter people speculating about the use of AI in this game. Some people think that they just took Pokemon designs and put them in a AI blender. When I googled it there was a Reddit post saying the developers are saying no AI was used for the game. But AI or copyright or whatever it’s hard to look at least some of these designs and think, well that’s just a Pokemon. 

Still waiting to see what impressions of the game are. Again on Twitter I saw someone say it isn’t like Pokemon, it’s like a crafting/survival game like Ark? But I dunno. 

Palworld always kind of looked like a meme game to me so didn’t pay it no mind. Depending on how the talk goes around it I might download it 

The Palworld conversation is really interesting. What I can tell game developers hate it and it’s developer, game journos acknowledge it’s controversy but are saying “nothing wrong with plagrism in game design/when I’m having fun”, non-Nintendo gamers are using it to dance on Pokémon’s grave, Nintendo gamers are acting like they’ve been attacked, Pokemon fans are too busy playing Pokemon, and streamers are happy for the meme content. Unlucky, Lethal Company. 

I don't think I mind the Pokémon remix designs as doing that while making an earnest satirical game is fine in my book but that doesn't seem to be what the game is.  It's the developer's CEO being ride or die for AI art and their games being so derivative really leaves a sour taste.

• 3 weeks later...

Blimey - I wondered if Train World 4 was like a Transport Tycoon style resource management game, but it is actually a train driving simulator - just like Southern Belle on the C64 (going from London to Brighton all those years ago c.1985).

Whoo-woo !!

Screenshot_20240207-150930.png

Glad Indivisible is back because I missed that before. Maybe pick up my Tales of Arise game again maybe. I really started to enjoy that. JRPG schlock. But I just kind of fell off.