passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

35 minutes ago, OCH said:

89p2Gzx.png

Indeed... 😉

Personally, I'm drawing a blank on this one. There's no one that comes to mind that I have such a strong disdain for. 🤔

He's mute...

I was thinking more along the lines of this dickhead...

maxresdefault.jpg

Everytime he opened his mouth it would be skip the dialogue time.🙄

I feel like there was someone that I kept ranting about on the forum that seemed to just be me that had a problem with it 😅  can't remember who it was though. Yes I can, fucking Aerith, fucking hell I hated her, and Barrett. And the fat lad

I've not played it but the creature in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was enough to put me off it, absolutely hateful

This has never happened, and it took quite a while to get there as I'm close to finishing the entire Mass effect legendary trilogy - but I'm starting to really dislike female Shepard. I think it's her voice. It's got that American newsreader vibe that gets on my nerves.

Classic Kratos was definitely insufferable. I never got into the reboot and didnt like it that much, but reshaping that idiotic buffon into a real character is the biggest achievement of that game IMO.

Other than that JRPGs are filled with annoying and dumb characters. This thing from Star Ocean 4 for example:

2628216-6864509180-tumbl.jpg

Also this clown from Dragon Quest XI:

Dragon-Quest-XI-Sylvando-Cover.jpg?q=50&

And literally every Nopon from every Xenoblade game.

And to finish off, the classic:

avatars-000206218703-583yfr-t240x240.jpg

It helps if you can at least root for these characters, by the end it was pretty clear almost every single one of them needed a hatchet in the face. It was like the gaming equivalent of the Sons of Anarchy cast.

I get what you mean, but there's no hero's in this world. We're used to having 'good' hero characters in Video Games that save the day, there's none of that here. Everyone pretty much is a cunt caught up in the cycle of violence, trying to live their lives in this grim hellscape of a world.

NSwitchDS_UntitledGooseGame_01-67ac.jpg

GameCentral readers name their favourite indie games of the last two generations, including Into The Breach and Cuphead.

The subject for this week’s Hot Topic was suggested by reader Futterman and also asked how often you play indie games and what you see as the key differences between them and AAA titles.

A huge range of different games were mentioned but everyone agreed that indie titles are often much more imaginative and unique than their big budget rivals, as well as considerably less bloated.

I really don't play too many indie titles so I've very limited input on this...🤷‍♂️