passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your latest gaming purchases II

mfnick

On 19/10/2022 at 20:21, shinymcshine said:

Now I think I bought this - it popped up on Game as a pre-order the other day, albeit it's significantly cheaper than the £99 RRP, so I'm not sure whether they'll fulfill it, it's due out in the next few weeks:

Skyrim Boardgame Price Comparison

Screenshot_20221019-201826.png

So not wholly unexpected - and despite emailing me on 07 Dec saying that the Price Guarantee would apply to the order - Game have now told me that it was a misprice and they won't honour it.

Probably more due to RRP being hiked up to £139.99 - but not sure why it took them until the cusp of the release date to uncover their 'error' - which sort of undermines their preorder guarantee (as if it's not within a few quid of final RRP they could always say it was a 'misprice'....)

Oh well.

Like several here I didn't get any gaming stuff for Crimbo, even from my eldest who has a penchant for buying me games that he's coincidentally interested in (it's the blag that counts).

So I've gone on the good old Xbox deals page and grabbed Tales of Arise. It's been a while since I played a JRPG having burnt myself out a year or two ago with several back to back final fantasies. But this is highly rated and will be a break from my current 'do everything' playthru of Witcher 3. Will start early January, although I've noticed only Maf bothered with this on the forum.