passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Retroarch is more of a front-end to an emulator than an actual emulator, with features like shaders (which I used in FFVII, shared a vid in that thread)

I messed around with Panzer Dragoon Saga on a saturn emulator a while back, it ran fine but that is definitely a game you want some CRT shaders for. Or an actual CRT tbh. 

On 26/01/2024 at 23:21, Maf said:

It’s nice to know they’re not all bad.

He was a once in a million guy though. There will never be another corporate leader like him, at least not on that level. I wonder if the current state of the industry would disillusionise him, or if he'd just stay the course and continue on. But I think Japan isn't quite doing as badly as western companies right now, which is interesting considering fifteen to twenty years ago they were on the brink of becoming almost obsolete.

There's one interesting remark in that speech where he talks about making games for everyone and if some developers in the room would ever set out to make something they knew they would never play. It's an interesting thought project but I couldn't help but think about all these mismanaged GAAS games from recent years when he said that.

On emulators, this PS3 emulator now has netplay. So you can play tekken tag online on PC and things like that. Custom servers required as these games are mostly shut down so it's probably strictly a thing for people with discord groups for this type of thing

It's weird to me that DMC is back on a list of 'old' IP, considering all the 'DMC is back' marketing for DMC5. Guess it was just an encore act.

In a few years, we can repeat this poll for Dragon's Dogma when that goes back in hibernation I suppose.

Well... went through it for what good it'll actually do.

Just out of curiosity what was the first Capcom game people played? I answered Black Tiger but tbf there's probably something before that.

Mine was probably Street Fighter 2 on the Mega Drive. But I actually picked LED Storm as that was an extremely early Capcom game I played on my brothers Commodore 64. Bit more of an interesting choice I thought and was almost my first. 

I think mine was Dr. Wily's Revenge on the Game Boy, which is the answer I picked.

Most other answers were heavily Breath of Fire focused though. I liked how they worded some of the answers, really charming setup.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I think mine was Castlevania on the GameBoy, I can't think of anything else before that. I don't think I had any Capcom games on the Master System

Don't you mean Silent Hill?