passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

So this is a bit of a strange one. Microsoft are going to block unaurthorised 3rd party peripherals from Series consoles. Note, that doesn't necessarily mean ALL 3rd party accessories, but it is happening, an some people will be affected

https://www.eurogamer.net/xbox-reportedly-set-to-block-unauthorised-third-party-accessories#comments

As highlighted by Windows Central, several members of the Xbox community have reported seeing a warning message pop up on screen when they plug in "unauthorised accessories" to their consoles.

This warning is "error 0x82d60002", which on the Xbox Support Page means one of the accessories a player is trying to connect "was not manufactured by Microsoft or another licensed Xbox hardware partner".

If you are a player who does see this aforementioned error appear on screen, the Xbox support page states that you will have two weeks to use this accessory before it becomes "blocked from use with the console".

Microsoft confirms

"Microsoft and other licensed Xbox hardware partners' accessories are designed and manufactured with quality standards for performance, security, and safety," it said.

"Unauthorised accessories can compromise the gaming experience on Xbox consoles (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S.) Gamers may receive a pop-up warning that their accessory is unauthorised. Eventually, the unauthorised accessory will be blocked from use to preserve the console gaming experience."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some stats of my year on Xbox...

Screenshot_20231211_192023_Chrome.jpg

Quite amusing that my most played is a 5 year old game, it's a great game though.

For those interested Google "My year on Xbox" and sign in to Trueachievements.

20 hours ago, Nag said:

Some stats of my year on Xbox...

Screenshot_20231211_192023_Chrome.jpg

Quite amusing that my most played is a 5 year old game, it's a great game though.

For those interested Google "My year on Xbox" and sign in to Trueachievements.

I have this game and keep meaning to get around to it. I'll have to see if I can drag my crew into it.

15 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

I have this game and keep meaning to get around to it. I'll have to see if I can drag my crew into it.

I never really tried it in multi, it was always single player... after my time with it this year though I'd urge you to up the difficulty a notch or two higher than standard, it makes the thing so much better.