passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

34 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

But 70% fresh RT means 30% of audiences had nothing good to say about it ?

Thats not how rt works tho. Like, it’s not 7 10/10 vs 3 1/10. It’s mostly 3/5 average reviews. 

Also @Jimbo Xiii Empire reviews haven’t been honest in 15 years. 

Yeah, fair. What I should say really is that RT's aggregate isn't very useful for anything, unless you click through and read the reviews or other stuff.

70 fresh is still 30 "rotten", and some of those fresh reviews could be not great either.

Not that I have it out for IT 2, but the first film was really good and I'd hoped to hear good stuff going in

Went to see IT last, it’s definitely not a horror, saying that I quite enjoyed it, my oh is a big Stephen king fan so post film it wasthey cut this cut that....

I thought the first was a great film. But this one standalone for me was just as good. I read on reviews that it was too long etc but didn’t feel that tbh, as a sequel it relies too much on the first possibly to help the story along, the first scene for me didn’t feel in line with the film as if it was shoehorned in, I’m not sure if it’s in the book or not.

I tried watching mother! the other day and had to turn it off, read the wikipedia article to find out what happens and then skip to near the end to see how grim some of that stuff is.

I think that might be the first time I've ever done that.

I admire it greatly and I love Aronofsky's work but I found the whole premise of people taking over someone's house just really made me anxious as fuck.

I get the metaphors (and they lay them on pretty thick by the end) but I just wanted to scream, "kick the fuckers out!"

RIP @regemond notifications. 

If we are talking about the critics score then I think most of the movies I like don't score over 50%... I'll just arbitrarily pick Hansel and Gretel, the Jeremy Renner one. That movie was so much fun, let down somewhat by stripping Gretel of all her agency near the end of the movie.