passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

@DANGERMAN I do like the anime style and look of the game. But my understanding is they’re like text heavy escape room games. Like that 999 game on the DS or something.

That style of game has made me disinterested. But I suppose being on Gamepass there’s no reason to not try it. 

Also I just noticed Enter the Gungeon is finally leaving GP. I always meant to play that. 

they're kind of who done it games, but with a crazy story over the top, and amazing music. They can be a little frustrating in the sections where you have to defend a point (the levels end with a kind of group court case), but really good otherwise

• 2 weeks later...

Vampire Survivors is supposed to be amazing so I’ll try that. Although it was only £2 or something to buy anyway so not a great saving on that one

Knockout City is leaving GP this month which I never got time to play. So seems like a net loss

I played some of the early access version (think it's still AC?). It's a sorta cyberpunk dystopian type of thing where you're in indentured servitude to laser off bits of junk in space. You're paying off a massive debt while getting new tools to be a corp slave in a very non-OSHA compliant work environment

It seemed like a really interesting thing but I wanted to wait until it's more complete, cause it might end up having a cool story attached

While writing this I looked online and apparently it leaves early access May 24

Sniper Elite 5 currently holding a 80 on Opencritic and Eurogamer gave it an ‘Essential’ rating.

I’ve never tried those games before because they just looked kind of generic. But with really good reviews and part of the sub I think I’ll give this one a go 

SE5 is a cool get, won't get me to turn my Xbox on though. 

Not been switched on since I finished Halo in January I think 😮 as I'm still working my way through sodding Elden Ring, with GT7 and Horizon 2 still on the to do list. 

Master Collection is a bit dodgy tho, isn't it. Think 1 is a port of the Vita games or something, 2 is the somewhat less crazy PS3 version (xbox had more enemies if I recount)

I guess point being not to moan about free games but that there's nothing wrong with buying NG on xbox cause you can get slightly better versions as well

edit not to start an argument about that or anything, I'm really only familiar with the first game (played Black and Sigma)

I know it’s meant to be bad but I’ve always been curious about NG3 so I’ll definitely try that. Heard lots about Chorus too even though it’s not my type of game, may as well give it a go.

GGOAT there with SMB too on Gold. 

Chorus is excellent, if it hadn't been for Metroid it would have been my favourite game of 2021. I'm glad they managed to strike a Gamepass deal because I don't think it did particularly well in the sales department, unfortunately.

Just don't go in expecting a 24/7 adrenaline rush, it's a surprisingly slow-paced game, with short bursts of intense dogfighting sprinkled in between exploration and questing.