passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

You’d think most of the assets are already there from Rebirth so yay should save some costs. If it means less bloat though that’ll be good.

Damn shame about those other titles being cancelled though. Stuff like Live a Live, Octopath, Triangle Strategy etc are what I want from Square and those are the type of games which will get killed because of this :( 

Unrelated to how we feel about it, I wonder if it's really the right call business-wise. From the outside it reads like a very similar approach to how Activision put everyone on CoD duty a few years ago but SE doesn't have a cashcow like Cod by a long shot. 

6 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

WotC / Hasbro intend to take D&D videogames forward themselves:

Dungeons_and_Dragons_DVD_boxset_art.jpg

Make their game, you cowards!

TBH I'm surprised they didn't do a direct tie in between BG3 and the D&D Movie - even if it was just the movie characters as DLC starting character builds (or even those ones from the cartoon too, since they had a small cameo in the movie).

2 hours ago, OCH said:

Dungeons_and_Dragons_DVD_boxset_art.jpg

Make their game, you cowards!

As much as I loved that when I was younger can you imagine how shit a game of it would be?... Bobby's only option would be to try to hit things with his club and his special attack would be being fucking annoying, Eric would be useless and Presto would cast the wrong spells... repeatedly. 

The only way it could be redeemed is if you could murder Uni

Take Two, that small publisher fighting for its life because they only have niche IPs like GTA, is closing down two studios, Intercept Games and Roll7: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-01/take-two-interactive-shuts-down-two-game-studios

The former did Kerbal Space Program, which I never played but people seem to like, and the latter was the studio behind the Olliworld games and Roller Drome. 

Tbf og Battlefield could have been a live service game. I don't really mind this, I mean it's very much not for me but it isn't a yearly franchise and it seems like it could work 

Heard comparisons with games like Witness, Fez and Outer Wilds regarding puzzles. They were all too smart for me so probably won’t like it myself but will still give it a go if I ever have time. 

I just saw Animal Well is the first game published by Dunkey’s (the YouTuber) company. It looks interesting but I dunno about the 80’s VHS filter thing it has going on. Probably get it on Switch down the line 

Looks fun!
It also shows we really don't need more and more powerful machines any more - although I appreciate this could be a bit cleaner, it would likely help with seeing where you are going :)

I don’t understand it, but people seem really excited about a new tool a guy built to have native PC ports of N64 games

Breakdown

Majora’s Mask trailer

I would have made a new thread for this but didn’t know what to call it or where to put it 😅