passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

About 4 episodes into season 2 of Daredevil. Not really sure what to make of it yet. I like it but I don't think it's as good as the opening few episodes of the first season. A few friends have said the opposite tho so idk. :lol:

I want to speak more about it but I'll let the folk that haven't watch it yet go in knowing nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't even remember writing that! Yeah I'd say so far it's not been as good, it's noticeable that you haven't got a force like Fisk to battle against. I do like what they've done with Punisher as well, but I've never been overly keen on him as a character anyway. Too binary. 

The third episode was the best of the series so far I thought though, certainly the most impressive fight sequence so far. 

I finished it last night. I wouldn't speak too soon about having an enemy as good as Fisk just yet.

There's a lot more going on in this series which is understandable as they've already set a lot of it up, so you're getting a lot more characters, more fleshing out to previously seen ones.

If this series was a Facebook relationship update, it would say, "it's complicated."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Watched Dave Chapelle's two new specials the other night, Deep in the Heart of Texas (recorded in 2015) and The Age of Spin (2016). I read one review which said that the newer show was much better and I agree. I liked them both of course but he has much better material in The Age of Spin, and it's just generally funnier.

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2017 at 0:52 AM, mr lakitu said:

GLOW is pretty good innit. 

Yep. I really like it. Marc Maron is fantastic in it, I'm surprised Kia Stevens has half-way decent acting chops, and Alison Brie looks like every 80s film star ever. And Rhonda is played by Kate Nash?? When did she become relevant again??

Anyway, I'm loving the little cameos by real wrestlers too. John Morrison set the tone in the first episode and it's just gone on from there. It's surprising just how big former-WWE guys are though (Alex Riley in episode 4 or 5 dwarfed his opponent). Good watch though, I'm looking forward to getting through the rest of the series.