passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Hendo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

https://rockstarintel.com/2018/04/08/gta-v-is-now-the-most-profitable-commercial-entertainment-product-of-all-time/

Grand Theft Auto V has brought in over $6 billion since its launch in September 2013. According to MarketWatch, that leaves it as the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time. Selling better than any album, book, movie, or video game, GTA V is now the biggest entertainment product ever.

Selling 90 million units, and getting over $6 billion in sales excluding microtransactions leaves GTA V beating the likes of Star Wars, Gone with the Wind, and more. “Even taking into account DVD and streaming sales would not put the biggest movie blockbusters in GTA V’s neighborhood, said Cowen analyst Doug Creutz, estimating those sales might add up to $1 billion to the films’ totals.”

Blimey.

Zelnick bragged how much they'd made solely from MTX a few months back. Go look it up.

I'd say it was way under 1% of the worlds population that had it. People would have bought it multiple times. I know some people who've bought it two or three times. It all adds up.

• 3 years later...

I only played GTA 5 one time and that was the story mode the week it came out. I absolutely did not like it at all

But I think this will make me give it another shot. My gaming tastes have changed loads in the past 10 years so I should give this another chance. 

1 hour ago, shinymcshine said:

Weren't people saying "How the fuck is this thing even running..." about last year's 'definitive editions' too !

That's some low hanging fruit right there.

For Xbox Series X/S owners, a bundle with both GTA 5 Story Mode and GTA Online costs £17.49, down from £34.99 for three months, until 14th June. Separately, GTA Online is listed at £8.99, down from £17.99.

Over on PS5, GTA Online and GTA 5 Story Mode can be picked up together for cheaper, costing just £8.75 for both on the PlayStation Store for the first three months after launch. After, the pair will cost £34.99.

The discrepancy in pricing is because - announced back in June 2020 - Sony brokered a deal with developer Rockstar Games to give away GTA Online on PS5 for the first three months of release. This timeframe is the same as Rockstar's introductory discount - meaning PS5 and Xbox Series X/S prices will align thereafter.

Credit where credits due