passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Hendo

Looks like more of the same to me. Not a bad thing necessarily but sooner or later people are going to get bored of the same formula, I for one found GTA IV to be retreading old ground, beautiful though it was.

All this talk of Tommy Vercetti is surely claptrap, not like Rockstar to cheaply cash in on past glories is it?

I'll probably slag it off til release day then rush out to buy it at midnight because I'm flaky like that :facepalm:

One of the things that's annoyed me, and this was true of Joypod if Elmo is reading this ( :fist: ), is that it does seem you can't not care, or at least you can't say you dont care. If you can have people saying "oh my god I can't wait for this!" then you should be able to have people saying "Oh my god, this again".

Maybe I've missed out on loads of overblown hate for the series or something because this is the first thread I've entered about it, but it seems to be a trend where people are only allowed to be positive (see Steve Jobs death)

and that's what I think of GTA V :)

One of the things that's annoyed me, and this was true of Joypod if Elmo is reading this ( :fist: ), is that it does seem you can't not care, or at least you can't say you dont care.

I think saying "I don't care" is one thing (though to be fair, if you really don't care then why bother going into a thread dedicated to it? Not a dig at you, I know what elmo is talking about, especially on rllmuk) but the point was more people laying into the game and series as "shit" and trying to argue with people who like it.

Also the negativity towards GTA IV which seems completely overblown. And Rockstar showed the more "fun" aspects of that gameplay and setting with the expansions and also Undead Nightmare from Red Dead. People are acting like GTA IV itself was the last thing that Rockstar released in this style - there's been two expansions, RDR plus expansion and L.A. Noire. Red Dead Redemption showed a much more improved gunplay for one thing.

The only real flaw I find in Rockstar's games is a lack of decent pacing. Maybe it's my tendency to go after loads of side missions and pick flowers or whatever, but all their games seem to run out of steam and seem a bit longer than they should be.

I'm only jokingly having a go at Elmo btw, he's just one person I heard/saw say it. There was a celebrity on twitter that said something similar too (Brooker maybe?)

Again it's probably because I've not been exposed to it, because I'd usually be first to say there's too much negativity around gaming, with too many people working on the 0-1 scale, but I do think if you don't like the series you should be able to say so. Although yeah, at a certain point it's just trolling

I know this is all massively off topic, it just struck me as odd as GTA doesn't need defending, it's huge, and at the point this was happening all we'd seen was a logo

I was seriously into GTA right up to San Andreas. GTA 4 took the wind out of my sails somewhat. I felt that a lot of the humour that rightly made GTA had been left out of GTA 4. I thought that Nico was a dump stereotypical character, based around the sort of Eastern Europian guy that dies quickly in an old Bond movie. The kind of guys we actually have in Plymouth driving private hire taxis. His cousin annoyed the fuck out of me, and I wanted him dead for the longest time. I'd be driving to a mission, when the cell phone would go off. "Hey Cousin!" I'd hear, and gringe. "Let's go and see titties!" Needless to say, I had a negative rep with him thoughout the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying GTA 4 is a bad game. Visually it was stunning, and ran really well. I held out for the PC version at the time, and had to wait for a few patches, but it ran great on my setup of the time. My only qualm was the story, which I thought lackluster, and slow.

So then I changed my view of GTA 4 somewhat, and looked at it as an action shooter, which is what I feel Rockstar wanted in the first place. I added my own tunes to the radio, always a cool touch, and played until I had my fun with it. Some of the side quests where dumb, but it's GTA, and you can't have a sand-box game without getting sand in the face once or twice. And of course there's the main fun factor of any GTA game. Get a fast car, a big gun, and a minimum four star wanted level, and see how long you could evade capture. Then the 'Episodes from Liberty City' came out.

Now this is what GTA 4 should have been from the get-go. The characters where far more interesting. The Lost and the Damned was great. The Ballad of Gay Tony was better. I've been re-playing Gay Tony recently, after purchasing the set on Steam cheap, and having loads of fun.

Anyway, all this leads to the point I was trying to make. As for GTA 5, I'm sort of excited. I'll buy it on day one, and probably have a load of fun with it. I'll get it on console this time, and not wait for the PC release, which may or may not come. But really, all that trailer made me do was to wish for a modern Vice City, which is still my favourite of the series. San Andreas was a great game, but at times it was too much. There was stuff in there that didn't need to be there, and was only used once or twice as a novelty factor. Remember the car mod section anyone? As Ben said, GTA is huge. It'll sell loads, and make Rockstar money. I'll buy it, as I've bought every single GTA game in the past, including the handheld titles. In fact, the only GTA I've not played is the London Missions add-on for GTA 1. I missed it somehow.

I was seriously into GTA right up to San Andreas. GTA 4 took the wind out of my sails somewhat. I felt that a lot of the humour that rightly made GTA had been left out of GTA 4. I thought that Nico was a dump stereotypical character, based around the sort of Eastern Europian guy that dies quickly in an old Bond movie. The kind of guys we actually have in Plymouth driving private hire taxis. His cousin annoyed the fuck out of me, and I wanted him dead for the longest time. I'd be driving to a mission, when the cell phone would go off. "Hey Cousin!" I'd hear, and gringe. "Let's go and see titties!" Needless to say, I had a negative rep with him throughout the game.

You see, this is why I liked GTAIV. Niko is the type of character you don't usually see as a lead but you got to follow his story that went far beyond usual stereotypes. It's a game that really made me re-evaluate the stereotype towards eastern Europeans. He was much more interesting than the usual stars of games.

And the beuaty of Roman is he was meant to be annoying, you can't fault him for it because it was the intention. It means it worked if people are so bothered by him. Eurogamer did a great piece on him recently here.

I really like what Rockstar did. They characterised annoying characters as someone who genuinely bothers you which is as it should be in an interactive medium like gaming.

So yeah. GTAV, sign me up.

Yeah, Bruce was a bellend but when you hook up with his brother in BoGT you see why he is like the way he is.

It's a great package of rejects they have in GTAIV. I think later on in the game when you work for your regular crime bosses the game takes a bit of a dive.

It's a game full of dislikable people for a reason. It's forcing your hand. Much like Assassins Creed and Fable 2 & 3 with the Minstrel cunts. It's very much a case of seeing how far these characters can go before you off them.

I actually took the Irish lass from GTAIV on a date and drove the car out into the sea so I didn't have to put up with her again. :lol:

I never really liked the dumb fucking about in the GTA 3 series of games that much.

It's the kind of thing that's fun once for an hour or so, and once you're past that, the game mechanics, story and missions weren't particularly good.

As such, I found the tone and atmosphere of GTA IV much more appealing. It still had it's problems and was far too long, so I never finished it, but it's a step in the right direction for me.

More of that (with improvements to structure) please.

It's a game full of dislikable people for a reason. It's forcing your hand. Much like Assassins Creed and Fable 2 & 3 with the Minstrel cunts. It's very much a case of seeing how far these characters can go before you off them.

I actually took the Irish lass from GTAIV on a date and drove the car out into the sea so I didn't have to put up with her again. :lol:

I fucking hate those minstrel bastards from AC. Always getting right up in your grill with their lutes and shit angry.gif.

I never have the heart to kill them outright but I always grab them and throw them into the nearest breakable object. Cunts :D

• 6 months later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-grand-theft-auto-5-vehicle-list-found-on-max-payne-3-disc

Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 5 will feature a huge variety of vehicles, according to data allegedly dug up from Max Payne 3's disc.

It would not be the first time that Grand Theft Auto files have been found hidden within other Rockstar games. Bully and Read Dead Redemption also included lists of GTA data.

The vehicle list (dug up by GTA Forums and compiled by NeoGAF and reproduced below) shows an array of cars, boats, planes and trains.

Details of yet more vehicles are included in the pictures beneath. File information mentions fishing boats, BMX bikes, subway trains, a monorail and a tank.

Cars

apc

bobsleigh

benson

biff

bobcat

boxville

buccaneer

burrito

brzbus

casco

cadge