passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto IV

retroed

Jonny is awesome, i like him more than Nic.

Ive just done a particularly epic mission where i was sat on the back of Malc's bike and i had to take out all the police cars whilst he drove. Its was fucking awesome, i could play a whole game based on that.

Also, when you have to pick up Marta the drug runner you have to take out all the surrounding police before you can escape the airport. I had Terry and Clay to back me up and to be fair to them they was bustin wigs, but when a police chopper arrived it was up to me. I still had an RPG from a previous mission at the airport so i whipper it out and fired one time. I thought id missed but the rocket hit the tail at the back of the chopper and sent it spiralling down to the elavated highway above, then the fucking thing bounced and landed in the middle of all the police, then it exploded taking out half the force! I was whooping and hollering like i was Sambob at a JLS concert. These moments make this game special.

That bit in that game with the JLS concert is immense.

• 2 weeks later...

After TLAD it was straight on to Gay Tony.

New favorite character: Luis.

Ive enjoyed this episode so far more than Lost and Damned, its a bit lighter, less serious and has Gay Tony in it. Loving Yusef and Mori too. My only problem is that i think im suffering from GTA overkill as im finding myself wanting it to finish before its time. Maybe i should give it a break and go back with a fresh head so as not to resent it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When people say they don't see the point in bringing on the next gen as they can't see where the improvements can come in, this is how silly they look.

It drives me insane, they say it every generation and simply do not learn.

GTA IV has already aged pretty badly, that's getting astonishingly close to reality!

• 1 year later...

iCEnhancer graphics mod completed:

The 'final' version of stunning Grand Theft Auto IV PC graphics mod, iCEnhancer has been released.

According to creator 'iCE La GlacE', the 2.1 update "is the final version I'll do for some time," as he shifts his attentions to making the PC versions of Minecraft and Skyrim even prettier. Download 2.1 here.

It really is a stunning mod and we hope, like many fans, that Rockstar itself is taking note. See iCEnhancer 2.1 in action below.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/358625/video-stunning-gta-iv-graphics-mod-gets-final-release/

Video in link.

• 10 years later...

Check my bump suckers!

Got this for buttons on an Xbox sale and I have to say I'm really loving my playthru, my first in well over a decade. It's running at 60 FPS I think, very smooth especially in  vehicles, and the action isn't bad considering.

But I always thought it was the characters that shone in 4, and the overarching revenge thread. 

I think 5 is on sale too. I might grab it because I was doing an FPS playthru when it was on gamepass, and then they pulled it

31e80e39-fecf-42c8-9c24-fd2f55a6e0ee.png

Wonder if they've ever fixed that glitch where (ending 'spoiler'):

Spoiler

I took the ending which got Kate killed, then later on still got a phonecall from her about going out on a date....!

23 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Christ, blast from the past seeing this thread pop up.

I think you'd have to pay me to play through this again though lol.

"Hey Niko it's Packie, do you want to play darts...?"

Looking at that mod posted above, even taking the framerate into account the OG game looks better imo.

I was playing this again a few years ago, Gay Tony I think. It's a very gray game but there's lots of cool physics in it. When you crash your car it's really intense in a way that the more modern V does not do, I feel like

I remember Lost and Damned being better than the main game as well

I'm surprised from reading back over this how much we all seemed to like IV (I know I had a good time with it, but history doesn't seem to have been kind to it) and how short the main game seemed to be. I'm tempted to replay it, as I never played the DLC but it seemed to be full priced still, so no dice

GTAIV is like a forgotten game. Part of me wonders is it cause of the headache of licensing music, which they regularly patch out of the PC version

I'm up for a forum playthrough @bellow, I'll finish out the Ballad of Gay Tony and we can exchange notes. Could be interesting to revisit in this post Cyberpunk 2077 climate

I just recall that compared to GTA SA & VC it felt that GTA IV had all the 'fun' sucked out of it.

Then along came Saints Row 2, which felt fun and so much better than the grim & grey GTA IV experience.

The 'funny' thing was that I bought a 360 rather than PS3 as MS had some sort of time exclusivity for the DLC - but then I never actually bothered getting it (years later I bought TLatD and was underwhelmed, I never got Gay Tony).