passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Playstation Showcase

Maf

Conference was pretty good but not amazing.

The start was great, then in the middle I kind of zoned out a bit and then they brought back the hype at the end. 

GoW:R and Spidey 2 look absolutely phenomenal, as does GT7, GotG and Ghostwire Tokyo. Wolverine was the real surprise of the show but a likely a long way out and obviously showed nothing of the actual game. 

3 hours ago, Manicm said:

Yep…I’ve got this new shiny console and nothing new to play, I know early adopting and all that but takes the pee a little they could of held off a year releasing the new consoles.

Horizon 2, GoWR, Ghostwire Tokyo and GT7 would’ve been out by now if it wasn’t for Rona. Unfortunately its had a big impact on the industry :( both still not been out a year yet though, 2022 should be a banger. 

Deathloop around the corner, Kena out the end of this month alongside Death Stranding Director’s Cut for PS5, Sable end of this month, Forza Horizon 5 in Nov, Halo in Dec for Xbox.

Watched this tonight and thought everything looked great up until spider man 2 and gow at the end. Solid 8/10 show. But nothing was named as exclusive so can only imagine only gow, GT7 and SM2 are? Two of those coming to ps4.

Obviously only personal to me but I can live without all 3 of those even if I do own a console to play two of them.

Deathloop looked fun for the first time for me.

Also I was watching a talks over of four people that don’t play racing games that said GT7 is redundant because forza horizon is out soon 😒 You can enjoy both as they’re completely different beasts of the same genre. 

15 hours ago, mmmark said:

Watched this tonight and thought everything looked great up until spider man 2 and gow at the end. Solid 8/10 show. But nothing was named as exclusive so can only imagine only gow, GT7 and SM2 are? Two of those coming to ps4.

Obviously only personal to me but I can live without all 3 of those even if I do own a console to play two of them.

Deathloop looked fun for the first time for me.

Also I was watching a talks over of four people that don’t play racing games that said GT7 is redundant because forza horizon is out soon 😒 You can enjoy both as they’re completely different beasts of the same genre. 

Forspoken, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop and KOTOR Remake are all timed exclusives too I believe, some of those are coming to PC too, Project Eve is PS5 & PC but not sure if timed or not. Wolverine is a full PS5 exclusive. 

Real dumb that last paragraph, Jesus, haha, I would’ve turned off so fast.

On 11/09/2021 at 14:03, one-armed dwarf said:

Ignoring the Horizon bit tho is it not the case that vanilla Forza (the one that's actually a driving sim) has eclipsed GT in relevance? At least for the last couple titles. Seems like GT just peaked with 4.

It had for awhile but from FM6 or FM7 I think folks have got bored with that too as they’re quite similar to one another and used to come out every other year. Horizon has far eclipsed it now and is way more popular than FM ever really was aside from maybe the FM1-FM3 heydays. 

I’ve always preferred Forza Motorsport to GT myself, FM1-FM3 were magnificent games and groundbreaking at the time for the RPG-like systems they employed, so many fond memories playing them, racing with school friends over XBL etc. Whereas I’ve never really got GT, not played one since GT4 and I traded that in after about an hour of playing it.

So I would say with GT Sport (which I’ve also not played) and the various GT Esports series etc. The ‘name’ is on the up and again whilst FM has wained for years now so they’re rebooting it with the next game.

TL;DR, I’m long overdue a whizz around on a GT game. 

GT is so dry, I don't know if they're in the recent ones but I remember picking up ... 3? 4? and they still had those stupid licences in there you had to do before you could start playing for real. Decided right there that it would be better off as a gift to a friend who likes these super realistic racing games.

I kind of dislike Horizon for diametrically opposed reason as I find that trendy young "life's a party" stuff in those games absolutely insufferable. Just nuke those people and let me drive.

Oh well, maybe Ex-Studio Liverpool can make a Future Racer again now, that would finally be something interesting in the genre for me.

GT Sport is a great racer with amazing visuals behind one of the worst UIs in living memory. You know in that GT7 trailer when they’re showing how great the graphics are, if you own GT Sport you’d be like, hmmm looks like sport does now.

Forza Motorsport is the more accessible of the two and also always looks great. It also has the better overall package and selection of vehicles. The presentation and options available has always been superb with the only low moment being the use of Jeremy Clarkson, May and Hamster.

On 10/09/2021 at 09:52, Whiskey_chaser said:

I seem to be the only person that really liked the look of Tchia. Looks like a fun, chill game to play with the kids.

Reminded me of Windwaker, I like the look of the animal exploration

Showcase most interesting part for me was Insomniac making a Wolverine and Spider-man 2 game.

I cant believe we saw another look at Deathloop