passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

FOR FREE - Your stuff, GOG, EGS, giveaways, etc.

retroed

Also on the poison train with energy drinks (albeit always sugar free ones). No regrets.

Edit: @wiivo 2.0 in fairness that link doesn't specifically say they're bad for you in moderation, only in excess (ie if you're young, drink 8 a day, or mix with booze). The acid I'll agree with, they can ruin me on the days I forget my Omeprazole. 

They hint at other stuff but also say there's no definite link there:

Acid intake is also potentially harmful to bone, muscle, and brain health. More than 25 studies have established that the body moves calcium away from cells and into the bloodstream to compensate for excess acidity.[10] Although it is difficult to associate this with a specific disease such as osteoporosis, the cells that rely the most on calcium exist in the skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems.

Dunno, personally I think one a day does no harm. But I also get why people avoid them.

It always used to annoy me that loads kids on the way to school would always buy at least two cans of monster (or equivalent) as it always seemed to be on special offer, and chug them both outside the school gates as they couldn't have it on site. They would then be hyperactive cunts for the first half of the day and crash and burned cunts for the afternoon. Hateful stuff.

I used to drink it. Now I don't. I do have a bottle of Lucozade in my car door though since I've a few diabetics in my family that sometimes need it. I have sweets and stuff in the car door too, like breakdown provisions in case I get in a position where I need them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/10/2018 at 13:41, wiivo 2.0 said:

Its not the sugar you have to be worried about.

I'm glad you drew my attention to this... a few weeks on from having had a few cans of monster it's all gone wrong for me. My thumbs have both fallen off, it's made typing a much more long winded process (boo), My hair has all turned the exact colour of piss and has become light an airy, giving me the appearance of having piss-flavours candy floss on my head. I've started using the word "dude" a lot more, I have also taken to wearing shades all day and even while sleeping....

you really can dig up bucketloads of shit about how literally everything is harmful for you if you want to go digging around in the cess-pit that is the internet.

in other news Destiny 2 on PC is FREE FREE FREE for a limited time if you've bought overwatch... or something...

although you probably shouldn't play video games, because games contain rare minerals that make the baby jebus cry...

7 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Monster does seem to have made you weirdly arsey ?

I think Destiny 2 is just free (for a bit), I don't think it's tied to Overwatch. Shame they don't make Overwatch free really

You get free weekends on overwatch fairly regularly...

I didn't know if destiny was tied to me having bought overwatch or not, the email I got from blizzard made it sound like it was.

As much as I thought destiny 2 DLC was like bungie pushing too hard for a fart and shit themselves, the base game is worth playing if it's free...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • retroed changed the title to FOR FREE - Your stuff, GOG, EGS, giveaways, etc.
  • retroed pinned and pinned this topic