passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your latest gaming purchases II

mfnick

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

reviews that had it as one of the “worst games of that year”,

I don’t remember seeing that anywhere? It was on loads of “overlooked” and “underrated” lists though. 

Regardless, agreed. It’s a fantastic game. I’ll always speak up for it whenever it’s mentioned. & I hate card based deck building. That’s how good it is. 

Yeah, I never heard that either. Thing is, enough people have said it's great for me to believe it, but I'm very burnt out on these characters and that puts me off moreso

I even bought the Spiderverse films on 4k on a black friday sale but haven't turned them on yet, I shouldn't have bought them at all 😩

I/We need a cultural detox from the superhero stuff, thankfully this year is quiet for that other than Deadpool. Unfortunately that means a potentially cool game gets a miss

I can’t remember specifically, it was some YouTube personality or other. They genuinely went something along the lines of “It sucks lol”, basically comparing it to Square’s Avengers game. 
And yeah, maybe the constant barrage of Marvel stuff worked against it. I can’t remember the last Marvel film I watched, might have been the latest Spider-Man? I’ve definitely not watched any of the TV shows in a very long time. There’s just too bloody many of them. And the thing is, whenever you watch a newer one, there’s always inevitably some Easter eggs/ callbacks to stuff that only the people who have seen literally everything will get. 

Still, this is legit one of the absolute best games I’ve played in years. At less than £20, you’ll get your monies worth for sure. I spent 65 hours playing the PS5 version, and doing all the DLC.

However, heads up if you do take the plunge and buy this digitally. You might come across a nasty glitch, as i certainly did. I downloaded the full game, did the tutorial mission…and it promptly kicked me back to the main menu saying “Thanks for playing the demo, to play more buy the full game”.

Which obviously made me think “Erm, I just fucking did”. 

So I deleted the whole thing. Reinstalled it. Exactly the same thing happened. Luckily, it was Google to the rescue. It’s a glitch, that’s unfortunately still doing the rounds. I had to delete the PS4 save file, delete the game entirely again, reinstall it, but had to wait for it to fully install. That then gave me the option to skip the tutorial, and go straight into the main game. 

Anyway. Long story short, this game rules 

The Wii U really didnt deserve to crash and burn. It was a decent machine. I bought mine purely to play Bayonetta 2. No regrets were had. 

Used up all my PS Stars credit for a bit of retail therapy, after my sad health news yesterday. It’s apparently bloody awesome. The reviews have me convinced it’s my jam.

IMG_0612.png