passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Excellent. Love me some tomb raiding. Didn't even know there was an Amazon games division.

Hope they don't go all woke and give us one of those stupid female action heroes who can take down hordes of highly trained and massively armed mercs with a bow made out of drift wood.🤔

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shinymcshine said:

Seems more appropriate to put this here.

"Earlier this week we sadly lost Roger Kean, co-founder of the legendary Crash and Zzap!64 magazines amongst many others."

https://www.eurogamer.net/remembering-video-game-magazine-legend-roger-kean

Roger and Commodore Force gave me my first writing job, and in recent years I got to work with him again. He will be sadly missed.

On 05/01/2023 at 20:50, Nag said:

First look at Remake Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw...

lollipop-chainsaw-remake-juliet-art-first-look.webp

Someone hit the enhance button.

There’s a remake coming? I’m guessing it was considered “random” at some point. (Hate this thread)

• 2 weeks later...

There might be more redundancies on the way, this time from Take 2

Grand Theft Auto publisher Take-Two has confirmed a "cost reduction program" to cut $50m of annual spending after a string of high-profile launches failed to find an audience.

Speaking to investors, Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick said recent releases such as the excellent but overlooked Marvel's Midnight Suns, plus PGA Tour 2K23 and New Tales of the Borderlands, had all been received well but sold poorly.

"We're seeing softness in the overall market," Zelnick subsequently told GamesIndustry.biz. "Our titles are performing, we've gotten great review scores, we've gotten terrific critical acclaim. And one after another, we've been delivering hits into the current market.

"However, we are seeing softness in terms of consumer demand, particularly for console products and recurrent consumer spending related to console products."

Take-Two's upcoming cost-cutting drive will impact "personnel, processes, infrastructure, and other areas, particularly in our publishing and corporate functions," Zelnick continued. It comes on top of an already-announced $100m round of cost synergies expected from its recent acquistion of Zynga.

Will Take-Two be the next company to announce mass layoffs, akin to Microsoft and Google? For now, Zelnick seemed to suggest nothing quite of that scale.

"We don't expect any kind of broad-based reduction in force," Zelnick said of possible layoffs. "We are going department by department and trying to drive efficiency."