passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

I’m with you Maf. Ragnarok is meh. 

Returnal isnt that great either though so get fucked I guess.

I think Sony are going to have a really slow 2-3 years. They basically went hard on live service and now that ship has sailed they are going to pivot back to what they were doing before but now they’ve got a couple of years of dev time missing due to the service games fuck up. But as Nag says they do a good job of making a few 3rd party games feel like 1st party such as FFVII RR. So I think they’ll be fine. 

I’ve also seen that mentioned about the PS5 winding down. WTF?!?! This gen has barely started. 2 years of the PS5 were fucked too as no one could get hold of them. That quote better be taken way out of context. Although I still think these consoles are really underpowered considering how many concessions need to be made for modern games to run on them. Can’t even get cross gen games running at 60fps without big drops in resolution most of the time. So a Pro would actually be something I’d be interested in. 

Loved Ragnarok thought it was great. Returnal not my bag. 

Good thing there are some big 3rd party titles due this year. 

I think sony fucked up going too big on online service games, almost like they said to all their studios make a live service game, and hope at least one would stick. 

Totally at the peril of plenty of new and original content, leaving this year flat before back tracking. 

Unfortunately Sony has closed so many studios over the years who were staples of putting out content. 

Studio Liverpool would have guaranteed a launch wipeout game. 

They need mid tear teams with lower budgets they can get to put titles out. 

Then again concrete genie devs were a good example of not meeting sales expectations. 

I think there is stigma in the media when sony / ms put out lower budget releases (with the occasional exception.) they get reviewed well but then moaned at that its not AAA content. 

I think were at the point where if we want original content we may need to accept they arent always going to be top tier titles (im claiming that TTT games tag). 

Anyway veered way off topic. 

Im surprised Sony hasnt coughed up for some more 3rd party exclusives as its an old business model they live to fall back on. 

On first party, there might be a new Astrobot. Hopefully PSVR (or hybrid vr) cause that platform is looking kinda anemic even by VR standards and its a space which needs some competition

(oh, and wrt the above tweet it would be ace if they start doing that with VR games too, porting to other platforms. Though I'm not sure this is really a growth area for Sony anymore)

The PS5 pack in game was a great, fun little game but the amazing one is the VR game. I was probably extra wow’d by it because I’ve played only a tiny bit of VR but - I was blown away. That game was awesome. 

PS5 first party exclusives coming to ‘other platforms’ confirms Sony president

While some thought he might only be talking about the PC, the interim head of PlayStation has once again talked about going multiformat.

After the last set of financial results for Microsoft and Sony – that included the all-important Christmas gift-giving season – both companies have been panicking about profits and, rather than cut back on the budget of new games both have come up with the same idea: release first party games on each other’s formats.