passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

Durst just seems like a harmless idiot. Genuinely stupid, but heart in the right place

Manson, while he comes across as a nice guy, he is seemingly as an absolute prick, at least when he's using (possibly all the time, I've never met him to say). I was saying to someone I'm glad him and Reznor fell out so Reznor could get himself clean

Shame because I do still like some of his music

It's a result of a lack of accountability.  You get to the point where you can get away with too much and a disappointing amount indulge in whatever they think they can get away with, even if it harms others.

Billy Corgan is one I'm always in two minds about.  He totally falls for the mad conspiracies but, as far as I know, isn't directly a scumbag.  Some may say even vocally supporting that stuff is bad enough, and they could be right as I don't have a good response.  But I'm not totally repulsed by him yet.  I'm still okay listening to Smashing Pumpkins.

Can these people who find themselves being figures people look up to just try to be cool?  With great power comes great responsibility, that kinda shit.  

That's awesome.  Lynch's announcement of an announcement totally reminded me of the video games and how they do it.  And he announces an announcement and it's nothing.  That's how shit goes now.  I mean, I already knew it but its fun he shined a light on it.

Sad it needed one and that but that's the world we live in.

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think Corgan is on that Q shit.

Is that true? I guess I could look it up but I don't want to. Last I knew he was into chem trails but I can see the route where believing in that will lead you to Q.

Fuck

Tbh I tried looking up the Q stuff and couldn't find it, it might have entered my head he was into that shit cause I saw Quinton Flynn is (Raiden from MGS, actually sort of ironic given the context of the game he was in).

Corgan's a cunt but man I still like those early albums, Manson tho I can easily just ignore. Way past that edgy phase. He's been dropped from his label, I think the lack of accountability thing with these people is true. If you've spent 20+ years doing whatever the fuck you want. I saw a quote from him where he said he would like to smash her head with a sledgehammer, who even thinks about things like that? Even ironically? At all?

Fuck I don't know maybe the media was kind of right about this guy all along.

edit He's definitely not on that Q stuff based on the tone of this interview

https://www.nme.com/news/music/smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-says-us-election-division-is-not-helping-anybody-2830038

I’ve been listening to Nick Cave’s live album from last year, Idiot Prayer. I loved his album Ghosteen which was released following the death of his son, and one of the songs on that is the last song on this album.

• 2 months later...

It's a bank holiday, which means naturally, the weather is a write off. So why not listen to something old skool, to cast the mind back to better days?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been listening to the new albums by Mdou Moctar and black midi.

Mdou Moctar sounds like this.

Black midi’s album is a mix of chaos and beauty that reminds me of King Crimson. Most of the music I’ve listened to so far this year has been on the soft side, so it’s nice to listen to heavier stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

At the half way point of the year, it’s been a good if unspectacular year for music so far. My favourite albums have been mostly albums by women.

Arooj Aftab - Vulture Prince

Black Midi - Cavalcade

Cassandra Jenkins - An Overview on Phenomenal Nature

Cory Hanson - Pale Horse Rider

Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee
Matt Sweeney & Bonnie “Prince” Billy - Superwolves

Mdou Moctar - Afrique Victime

Valerie June - The Moon and Stars: Prescriptions for Dreamers

The Weather Station - Ignorance

There hasn’t been one standout album that I’ve listened to to death, but all of these albums have been very good and I still listen to them regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...