passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Random question and I'm not sure if anyone can answer this... I already own Halo: MCC on disc. Will I just be able to play it without putting the disc in, or do I have to delete and install the digital version? I might finally go back to the series if I can just play it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Manicm said:

Anyone using game pass? Was thinking a free pass to try Forza horizon 4 and tbh 7.99 a month isn’t too bad if it’s well supported.

The cross-section of games which are Play Anywhere, and on Game Pass isn't a lot, so it's not such great value if you're a PC user. But I did sign up for the trial today to play Forza Horizon 4.

With more games coming to Game Pass on day one in the future, it might get better for me, depending on which of those can be played on PC. (I don't have any interest in Halo, and minimal in Gears). It looks like great value for Xbox owners though.

I think Microsoft care more about the number of users than they do the instant profit from a new release for whatever reason. There must be something to their logic if Sony have followed suit and allowed game downloads on PSNow, instead of just streaming.

12 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Game pass doesn’t sound very sustainable ??

Of course it's sustainable, if they keep it attractive for people to keep paying for it. 

There was a discussion on the Joe Rogan pod recently about the WWE Network. 

They decided to give up the one - off fees people paid for the pay per views every month and added it as a part of the Netflix style service they made. 

Everyone thought they were being crazy but it's been hugely successful. 

I think Game Pass will be the same, especially when they start doing deals for GP and Live as a combined thing.