passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

I’m starting to think this announcement of changes is going to be smaller and less impact than previously rumoured for the here and now.

But they’ll use lots of vague language and leave doors open for the future. Try to prepare their audience now and soften the blow later

I saw someone say it’s like parents sitting their children down and telling them they’re getting a divorce lol 

So after everyone back-pedalled around Starfield etc., one new game has popped up for a multiplatform release and that's Pentiment. I think unlike everything else this would be perfectly suited for the Switch. I've actually never played it because I don't like sitting in front of the TV only to read text, but on a handheld this would be superb. 

I only bought an XSX because Spencer bought all these companies and claimed their games would only be available where there was Xbox game pass.

I think it's time to get that £63 out of my savings account and lawyer up.

Reading the tea leaves on it, it sounds like Xbox is going to be more realigned with how MS in general operate, as a services company. 

The more interesting question would be if 'Xbox' as a brand gets retired some point into the future. Not going to happen today or anything like that, but if the 'box' is secondary to the service offering then it comes across weird.

I won't be watching it though, I just hate the way Phil Spencer talks. Such a corpo cornball. I'll take the summaries

Oh, nag. It’s about to be 3 corporate execs sitting down and speaking to a presumably in-house podcast host.

They will dribble garbage banter over bad news and corporate speak 

This is going to end up being a damp squib after all these rumours isn’t it? 
Just Sea of Thieves, Pentiment and Hi Fi Rush. Basically nothing that matters. With decisions for other games taken in future on case by case basis.

Hope so anyway. 

Yeah; although I think what could be most interesting is the way they reason it and how they talk about future plans 

I think they have to talk about what they want from Xbox, and what they see (or try to sell) as the value of the Xbox now as well

But yeah I think the topic around games and exclusives is not going to be that big at this point