passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

Looks great!! Really interesting direction to take it. Guess they’re carrying on the idea there’s been hundreds of previous Matrix’s and even though Neo supposedly stopped another last time, he must have somehow failed. Or he’s been properly jacked back in? Either option could be used to explain why he can remember previous events even in the ‘new’ Matrix. Fuck knows. I’m excited.

Where the fuck is Laurence Fishburne though? New guy was really jarring. 

That's the spoiler I posted before, in the MMO Morpheus died for some stupid reason. So I think that could be why Laurence Fishburne isn't in. The MMO is canon, so is the Enter the Matrix PS2 game tho nothing remotely interesting happened in that one. So based off the teasers from the website I reckon the new guy is a re-incarnation. You see him get incarnated all digitally in the video OCH posted

At the same time we don't know that the new guy is Morpheus, even tho he wears the glasses, gives the red pill etc

What I think is missing is that edgy 90s coolness. Rage against the Machine, rob zombie, clunky phones, leather trenchcoats. But I think the trailer was actually really good overall and it's hard to find a lot to really nit pick, even tho I still think it will fail to throw off the Matrix sequel curse. At least expectations are tempered this time around, and now I might try and find a way to see these films again in 4k before christmas

I do wish Keanu did tidy himself up a little. It looks like John Wick entered the Matrix. 

I assume, from the guesses above. It has been a while since a few people watched Revolutions and, ultimately, what happened to Neo. As I think this looks like it plays directly into that.

Personally, I think Morpheus should have died in the third film, as opposed to 

Spoiler

Trinity, for the second time in two films.

Seeing that sunrise would have given a fitting, messianic ending to his story. Instead now it seems you have to be referred to secondary media, which I don't do anymore. So I'll just watch it as it is. No more trailers, no more spoilers.

16 minutes ago, OCH said:

assume, from the guesses above. It has been a while since a few people watched Revolutions and, ultimately, what happened to Neo. As I think this looks like it plays directly into that.

Yea it has been a long time.

Didn’t he basically disappear at the end after the Smith fight and they assume he’s “gone”. Vaguely remember oracle saying he’ll return if they need him though or some shit? Fuck knows I’m just guessing lol, need to watch it again.

Besides, didn’t they end up saying the Path of Neo PS2 game ending was actually the correct one? They changed it in that. 

I could tell you. But it is better to watch it.

As much as the Mecha-Smith fight should have been canon...

UwKrFvCW.jpg

I think the Oracle-Smith fight from the film is the one they stuck to, as it was onscreen. I bet they wished they had thought of that ending while they were still filming. It would have been brilliant to have seen the end fight go crazy like that. Instead a one on one fight with of millions of Smiths just standing in the rain, doing nowt.

Watched BlackkKlansman yesterday, aka Obama's favourite movie of 2018. It's certainly easy to see why, because outside of the obvious themes it depicts it's surprisingly easy to watch, so to speak. It's a masterfully executed balance of very serious themes packed into a well-paced movie that also manages to switch between tense moments and funny ones on a whim without any of it feeling forced or sabotaging itself one way or another. As a white european person there's obviously aspects that won't resonate with me as much as with other people, but it's about a part of american history I never really bothered looking too deeply into, so it was rather educational as well (with keeping in mind they took some liberties and made some things up to make it more cinematic). Good acting all-around as well, soundtrack was surprisingly excellent, too.

If I had to nitpick I'd say I didn't like the tacked-on real footage towards the end. I can see why the director wanted to include it but it's a stylistic choice I'm not too fond of as it seems like they think their movie didn't get the point across. I had similar feelings about Waltz with Bashir and American Sniper who did that as well.

Everyone's Talking About Jamie (Amazon Prime Video, 2021)

Movie adaptation of the stage musical originally based on a 2011 BBC Three documentary, Jamie: Drag Queen at 16.

Taking its inspiration from Jamie's true story of going to a school prom in drag, it's a reasonable British musical comedy, albeit upon any deeper analysis, it's not a particularly deep or well developed story, just the usual (unfortunate) obstacles & prejudices you'd anticipate, albeit none are explored beyond the superficial.

It cracks along a a decent pace, the songs and performances are good, but overall it's somehow just a bit, well I suppose, average.

TBF I hadn't seen either the musical or documentary so I'm unable to comment on how well adapted the movie is.

On 15/09/2021 at 07:38, Maryokutai said:

Watched BlackkKlansman yesterday

Really good film. I remember when I saw it at the cinema and it was only until those credits rolled that I realised Spike Lee directed this. Up until the footage at the end, it was the least Spike Lee film I've seen from him before. Certainly a lot more playful with the themes it presents than you would expect. 

He did literally insult people who like the MCU though by calling them zombies. 

If he said I don’t like Marvel that’s one thing but then to say anyone who does like them is brain dead makes him sound like a cunt 

46 minutes ago, Maf said:

He did literally insult people who like the MCU though by calling them zombies. 

If he said I don’t like Marvel that’s one thing but then to say anyone who does like them is brain dead makes him sound like a cunt 

The reaction is proving his (stupid) point.

There’s a lot of nerdy toxic behaviour in comic book movie fans like Star Wars fans or video game fans or nearly anything that revolves around these type of audiences. Review bombing the film is a pointless exercise in nerd rage but it’s also part of nearly any fan heavy culture.

He still didn’t have to insult people that like the MCU, though. I read his comments and was insulted by it. The thing about them being copy and paste or formatted I don’t wholly disagree with, but the idea you’re brain dead for liking them is unfair. 

I would take a number of MCU films over Arrival or Sicario any day those films are a snooze fest. Talk about brain dead they’re boring as shit

Aiming your ire at the audience is some baby brain shit I dunno why he took that position.  It's Disney and the studios that want a piece of that pie funneling most of their resources into them that is making it harder for other films to get made.  I get why there is bitterness amongst filmmakers but c'mon.  Audiences hardly have the broadest choice.

Not to say fans aren't toxic, fucking right they are.  You can like things without devoting your whole identity to it and these guys don't get that.

I love his films, I still catch an MCU film when I can.  I don't think that Venn diagram is hugely unusual so this is a bad stance.  He could be more critical of the big studios but I suppose he wants them to hire him one day.

I'm interested in seeing the film. Since the book is a brick wall I'm unlikely to ever break through. By the same token, I couldn't care less about any opinion expressed regarding any subject, on Twitter.