passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

Probably two games or so in November (Hyrule Warriors and ?) and two in December (Fenyx Rising and ?) for around 430€ in total. I'm going to wait with Cyberpunk until I have a next-gen system as I expect that game to run pathetically bad on the standard Xbox One. Maybe it'l be more then four games total if it turns out I switch a full price game for two indies or something. But I don't plan on spending more money than that.

I'm not planning on getting anything now until the new year. I won't be getting either of the new gen consoles for some time yet and I've got a massive amount of stuff to work through on Switch, PS4 and PC. When I do get around to getting anything substantial, it'll be either a new gpu or maybe the Xbox series S, but it won't be until 2021. Incidentally our youngest son just started nursery and the fees are nearly £900 a month. These two things are connected.

24 minutes ago, Nag said:

How much would you get for your son if you traded him in?

He isn't the top spec model and the original packaging is pretty damaged..

29 minutes ago, mfnick said:

???? seriously!?!? Holy hell, how does anyone afford that? 

By not buying next gen consoles, or anything else apart from food.

714x-1.jpg

GameCentral readers discuss exactly how many games they own in total, with some readers boasting of collections in the thousands…

The subject for this week’s Hot Topic was suggested by reader Xane and includes both physical and digital copies, but not games you have access to via a subscription service like Game Pass.

Unsurprisingly, those with the biggest collections also tended to prefer buying physical copies, with a lot of talk about admiring them on shelves. Few were outright hostile to digital though and all seem to agree it is the inevitable future of game collecting.

I have 18 physical games at the moment, I'm not a big collector and do generally trade stuff in. I have no idea how many digital games I own and I guess that comes with the territory of buying digital, it's easy to forget what you actually have.

I stopped counting at around 500 physical gams a couple of years ago. I plan on going through everything properly when I've finished moving to see where I'm at right now. I'm not as big into collecting stuff as I was but at the same time I don't feel the urge to get rid of some games.

I expect I'm over 1000 game if I add digital games. Sounds a bit crazy to be honest but I've also started downsizing in terms of new purchases around a year ago.

I counted a 1000 games way over 5 years ago. I would be too scared and lazy to count now. 

I would actually like to sell them because I will probably never play most of them again. To have a room back in my flat would be nice.

But the £2-£3 per game I would get for them isn’t worth the hassle of setting up eBay, arranging posting, dealing with any bullshit that goes with that. In a way they hold more value being readily available to play to me in case I ever felt the urge to. 

But having less than 20 games on a shelf sure sounds nice. 

Physically I’m not sure. I probably have around 30 PS2 games and 30 Xbox 360 games, I don’t think any other console comes close.

Spoiler

PS2

Beyond Good and Evil
Broken Sword 3 The Sleeping Dragon

Bully

Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex

Disgaea 2

Dog’s Life
Dragon Quest VIII
FF X

FF X-2

FF XII

Gitaroo Man

GTA Vice City

GTA San Andreas

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero 80s

Ico
Jak and Daxter
Killer 7
Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts 2
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
Persona 3

Persona 4

Pro Evo 4

Psychonauts
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Galaxy

Shadow of the Colossus
Smackdown Shut Your Mouth

Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
Smash Court Tennis

Smash Court Tennis 2
SSX Tricky

That’s 34 PS2 games off the top of my head.

Spoiler

Bioshock

Bioshock Infinite
Blue Dragon
Catherine
Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Deadly Premonition
Dishonored
El Shaddai

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Fable 2

Fable 3

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas
FF XIII

FF XIII-2

FF XIII Lightning Returns
GTA IV
GTA V

LA Noire
Lost Oddysey

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3

Rock Band Beatles
Star Ocean A New Hope
Tomb Raider

The Witcher 2

XCOM Enemy Unknown

That’s around 30 360 games.

As far as digital goes I’m creeping towards 400 games on Steam, the majority of which I bought when I first starting working.

I've no idea how many physical games I've got. Up in the hundreds for sure, I've got a load of Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3 and Wii games in boxes here and at my parents. One day I'll put together a proper list, I had a phone app that did it but it was a bit buggy and lost items 

Anyway, this is my cabinet of DS, 3DS, Switch, PS4 and WiiU games (with some odd and ends in there). I think there's 177 games in there ?

20201011_165059.jpg

20201011_165050.jpg

I've got 634 games on Steam. I think I've just got a lot of games tbh