passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

I haven't played WoW but I have played warcraft. Same I haven't played Starcraft 2 but I have played the first game (it's good). I haven't played DOTA come to think of it, or the DOTA style game @DisturbedSwan played that I've blanked on the name of

I've missed a lot of Rockstar's stuff, I played the first couple of GTA games, played some of 3, played some of 4, and that last one was a reminder I just don't like their stuff, so I haven't played 5, Red Dead or Bully. There's a lot I haven't played much of, like the original Final Fantasy 7, but I think I've touched most of the biggies over the years, I suppose how many of them I actually like is another question

A lot of Zelda games. 

I played up to Jabu Jabu's belly on 3DS Ocarina of Time and hated it.

Although I guess then that doesn't really count, so Mario 64. Most Nintendo classics in general tbh. Would even say that Pokemon gen 1/2, Chrono Trigger and BOTW might be the only Nintendo games I actually like. Tho tbf all of those games are instant classics for me.

For someone with this avatar it pains me to admit I've never played a 2d Mario game. I've played and loved the 3d ones, and galaxy is high on my top 10 of all time. I just have no patience for the classics. I've tried but I can't do them. I just over jump or run into things. 

I haven’t played some old point and click classics like Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle or Grim Fandango, but i will soon.

I also haven’t played older crpgs like Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Bard’s Tale, Ultima Underground or much of the Ultima series, but i will eventually.

I’ve never play a Diablo or Starcraft game. I’ll get around to them eventually.

There are countless indie megahits that I’ve never played, especially management and survival games.

In terms of modern stuff I’ve never played a Yakuza or Uncharted game. But i own Uncharted 1-4 and Yakuza Zero is the second PS4 game on my to-play list after Nier Automata.

I’ve never played a Battlefield game, or a God of War game.

Most Rockstar games. I only played two GTA titles and but neither Red Dead Redemption 1 or 2. I did play Red Dead Revolver though, funnily enough. A game time has forgotten.

Blizzard games in general. Overwatch was, in fact, my first Blizzard game.

Speaking of Blizzard, basically everything that was only on PC during the 90's like all those point&click adventures and classic RPGs.

Any Dark Souls and Bloodborne – but I did play Demon's Souls.

All those popular free-to-play games from today like Fortnite, League of Legends or Apex Legends.

Despite having a PC in the 90s, I have never played any of the Monkey Island, Police Quest or Leisure Suit Larry games, and neither have I played any of the Myst series.

Which is odd, as I did play quite a number of Kings Quest, Lucasarts and 'Sierra' point & click games.

In modern terms, I've not played PUBG/Fortnite/Overwatch (or any of those type of games) 

33 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I'm not sure if you'd count them as classics but I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, and surely even 2020 isn't going to get so bad that I ever will

Chain of Memories on the GBA is probably your kind of game though...

1 hour ago, shinymcshine said:

Despite having a PC in the 90s, I have never played any of the Monkey Island, Police Quest or Leisure Suit Larry games, and neither have I played any of the Myst series.

Which is odd, as I did play quite a number of Kings Quest, Lucasarts and 'Sierra' point & click games.

In modern terms, I've not played PUBG/Fortnite/Overwatch (or any of those type of games) 

Yep, none of them ring a bell. I think the only point & click I've ever played (and adore) is the Broken Sword series.

I've not played the current biggest games in the world being Fortnite and Minecraft.  I just know they wouldn't appeal to me, it's that simple. 

I've also never played Skyrim, but I've played Morrowind and Oblivion and I think I've got anything I'd enjoy about these games out of those and never felt the need to play Skyrim.  I've not played GTAV and I'd say for the same reason as Skyrim. 

I can't think if there are any older classics.  Not saying I've played them all but nothing is coming to mind. 

7 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

I've also never played Skyrim, but I've played Morrowind and Oblivion and I think I've got anything I'd enjoy about these games out of those and never felt the need to play Skyrim.  I've not played GTAV and I'd say for the same reason as Skyrim. 

Yeah this too, or well I've played around 8 hours of Skyrim and probably 4 hours of GTAV. But in Skyrim in particular I think it was when an NPC killed a dragon while I was stuck in a tower for a story quest and everyone called me the dragonborn that I decided TES wasn't doing it for me anymore.

I think I played about an hour of Oblivion at a friends house and didn't really like it, so I never returned to the series. I'm pretty sure the last GTA I played was Vice City? 

SNK - I know next to nothing about any game they've ever done . I hear references, I occasionally see cameos or critiques on Fighting Game channels on YouTube and that's it.