passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Infinite

DisturbedSwan

Yeah my bad on that @Nag I misread the time lol, 6PM is at least a little better than 8 haha. 

But yeah @DANGERMAN is right, quite often with Steam titles I'd have to wait until 5/6PM for a game everyone was already playing on consoles at Midnight. With such a tentpole global release, I'm really surprised Microsoft didn't lock it in at midnight for all regions like is the norm these days. But yeah, not the biggest deal in the world, just a bit weird.

People only now finding out Microsoft don't actually put their games on discs, they're just activation keys. So much for preservation I guess...

Like, at the very least they just straight up shouldn't be selling this game physically then. It's like you bought a physical version of an MMO expansion or something, it basically doesn't exist until it gets updated. But MMOs have an excuse for why they need to do that. It's really dumb stuff for a single player campaign

What if the license servers are taken offline at some point. It happened there a bit ago where people couldn't play Guardians of the Galaxy on PC cause denuvo servers hit a snag for a weekend, mere days after launch. Also look at the shenanigans Rockstar pulled with GTA definitive on PC. They took the game off people for days cause they fucked up

Don't support this type of thing, imo (buying physical media that isn't physical I mean. Digitally it's all the same I guess)

2 hours ago, bellow said:

You know, I have the campaign pre installed but I'm not getting any 50 gig update. Nothing is downloading when I put on the Xbox

Are you sure, is your download 28gb? cos if it is that's the multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Are you sure, is your download 28gb? cos if it is that's the multiplayer

I'm not sure. I mean the top option on the home screen says campaign, and there doesn't seem to be anything else to download in gamepass than what I've already downloaded

39 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Well in this case you literally don't need a disc I guess, cause the disc is fuckin nothing

It's landfill.

They really need to either put the games on disc, or not at all. You shouldn't be able to do both. It's a waste and duplicitous to the person buying thinking they're getting anything other than a box with a disc and come code.

20 minutes ago, bellow said:

Well then the campaign isn't on gamepass to pre-load then, as far as I can tell.

No it isn't... that's the whole point.😂

It's being treated as an add on, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

It's landfill.

They really need to either put the games on disc, or not at all. You shouldn't be able to do both. It's a waste and duplicitous to the person buying thinking they're getting anything other than a box with a disc and come code.

This.

Discs are still cheaper regardless and can still be sold on. So I’ll still buy that way whether the actual game is there or not. 

Doesn’t matter for Halo since ill

be playing it via Game Pass anyway.

Point still stands though. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-12-a-slayer-playlist-is-coming-to-halo-infinite-next-week

Multiplayer news 

A Slayer playlist is "officially locked and loaded" for Halo Infinite's update next week.

A "basic" Slayer offering will deploy first, with the team at 343 Industries looking to "bolster and expand more variants in a future update".

"Four new playlists: Slayer, Fiesta, FFA, and Tactical Slayer (SWAT) will all be added via a services update on Tuesday, Dec. 14," wrote 343i's community manager, Postums, on the Halo subreddit.

"As I noted last week, the team's original plans for a Slayer playlist included a variety of new variants that weren't going to be ready in time to deploy before the holiday break. To address player feedback for Slayer in the near term, we'll be releasing a basic Slayer offering to start and will look to bolster and expand with more variants in a future update."

Next week's update will also include adjustments to challenges - "including removing some particularly frustrating mode-specific ones" - as well as reducing requirements for others, "making the weekly ultimate challenge less intensive (getting there is tough enough), and adding brand new challenges specific to the new playlists".

I liked Feista that was a ridiculous mode. Be nice to play more Slayer as well. The games are so weighted to objective based games there needs to be more simple us vs them matches 

Campaign 

"You cannot replay missions in campaign at this point of time," Crocker said. "It's part of what is coming later. The main reason is because, being a more open game and a nonlinear game, it became incredibly challenging. It's not that it doesn't work, it's just that it's not finished.

"We made the decision to make a better game, to improve the quality of the game so we could then add the features - just like co-op," he added. "And that is disappointing for us as the people who made it, but it was, also, the better option for us to make a better game and add that later."

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The head of 343 is leaving 

She says she’s leaving for family/medical reasons but looks like she was leaving in the winter anyway

Hmm

What to do with Halo? I think they need to completely reinvent it and make it a 3rd person shooter instead. I know they already have Gears but Master Chief is supposed to be the master of every vehicle and weapon. I think it would be cool to see that more.

Not sure what happened with Infinite. It’s a good game, but nothing special and not close to ye old Halo. Not sure if the back to basics approach didn’t work or going by the marketing and stories from announcement to end product they overreached and couldn’t make the game they wanted. 

But either way I think something needs to change for this series. If I were Microsoft I’d be looking at one big single player DLC expansion to wrap up the story and then hard reboot. 

But what do I know maybe Halo is just old and no one cares anymore