passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

16 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

I watched that. It was alright if you’re stuck for things to watch. I can’t remember if I started s2.  

I enjoyed it so much i binged both seasons in a weekend. Really enjoyed it, but i do have a soft spot for Australian shows, maybe it's the accents i don't know

• 4 weeks later...

I’m going to cancel my subscription to this. It’s going up to £11.99 per month and I haven’t even watched a full thing on it since Stranger Things 3.

I just had a browse through probably 100 different shows/movies. I can’t tell if I’m broken or TV is just shit. Streamed or not streamed. 

I'm sure some psychology would say it's all about free choice vs limited selection - where you'd watch something that's 'scheduled' but often procrastinate then do something else when offered a free choice.

eg I like to watch BBC Click (short version) when it's on BBC Breakfast, but when they had their 100th Edition (choose your own path version), it offered me 3 stories I wasn't really interested in, so I chose instead to turn it off & do something else.

Lots of cool films I've watched on Netflix lately:

Fractured, Eli, and Wounds.

So many good horror films on there at the moment and the series Haunted is pretty cool too.

Finally got round to watching Blackfish too, it was just as heartbreaking and incredible as everyone says it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix has Dragon Ball Super Broly now, except the only language option is Japanese and there are no subtitles ?

Although I’ve already seen it in English, and I prefer the Japanese voices to the Americans ones 10,000%, it’s still very odd. 

Least the fights are still great. 

I watched the first two episodes of Stranger Things season 3 the other day.  Its been really stupid and I've lost the will to continue.  It wasn't like this before. 

I tried Altered Carbon instead and while I got through it I thought it could have been a lot better. 

Neither of these are recommendations I suppose.  My free month ends soon and I'm struggling to find good stuff I've not already seen. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw The Irishman last night and thought it was phenomenal.

The CG on De Niro was actually way weirder than Pesci and Pacino for me but it never took me out of it aside from 1 scene where RDN beats a guy up and the animations look really wooden and weird because it’s an old guy playing a younger guy. 

It only really got excellent 90 minutes in which is a weird thing to say but everything sort of came together then for me and the remaining 2 hours were absolutely amazing.

Pesci and Pacino were incredible in it, De Niro wasn’t particularly special apart from the last hour or so. 

it kind of felt like they'd just CGed in past De Niro performances. It wasn't like he was playing a character, more like he was just going through the motions, his performance doesn't come across as young and naive either, he's playing older than the character is.

I thought Pacino was great, you weren't always remembering it was him, possibly because he was playing older, the CG doing less work, less distracting, but he felt like he was playing his character, which reminded me of Richard Nixon.