passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Wouldn't it be someone at Bioware or EA that cut the footage? But someone at Sony should have noticed if that was the case. 

Looks like marketing ineptitude to me, rather than some cunning plan to pass off XOX stuff as Pro stuff. 

It's also E3 and what is usually shown there isn't what it seems. That was a scripted piece of a game they're not ready to fully show off yet so I wouldn't be surprised if that's all there is. They're not publishing it so can make no demands for extra footage.

I wouldn't have out up a video of I was Sony in my hypothetical scenario. As, like it is, it will come off bad.

15 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

Sony editing a more powerful consoles video clip and passing it off to be pro footage isn't something newsworthy? :unsure:

Am I missing something?

You really think that Anthem footage was running on an XBOneX?! :lol: No matter what Bioware say I don't believe it, I'm calling shenanigans on that Metro Exodus footage too.

I just think it's a non story, if Microsoft did it to a Sony lead exclusive I would say the same, who cares? It's an E3 trailer and we know a lot of 'gameplay footage' and trailers are smoke and mirrors anyway.

58 minutes ago, Nag said:

@Blakey... I don't see what's so unbelievable about that footage to be honest (maybe the 60fps if it was that?).... was it that much better than something like Horizon? that's a stunning game on the vanilla PS4 without adding in the 4k checkerboarding and hdr of the Pro.

I don't know if @Blakey thinks the same, but for me it's the denseness of it. There's a lot of very high quality characters early on, then a really rich jungle that you move through ultra smooth. I think the combat encounters look believable enough, there's nothing special about them, fairly uncluttered open areas, but the rest I'm not sure you see in a game like this because of how much time and resources it would take. Like, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is stunning, but it's very closed so they can spend the time doing that, this isn't. And it was all running at 4K, I just don't think it's a powerful enough machine for that

We'll see, I don't doubt there's pc builds out there that could run The Division/Watchdogs reveal and a game engine to do it, but when it's that big a leap I think it rings an alarm, there's a reason we don't get them

my take on all this. I think it's way down the pecking order compared to Killzone 2, Watchdogs, The Division, various bullshots, and even Witcher 3, if only because it's not front and centre like an E3 trailer or official press images on the run up to release. But it's still doesn't represent what the game will look like, presumably, so it should be called out

To me the particle effects, lighting and things like shadows, smoke/fog effects, reflections all looked notably incredibly high end PC. Like Dual 1080Ti's in SLI good, some of the Anthem footage looks nigh-on CGI even at times. Then you look at something like Crackdown 3 which looks like ass on the X according to Journo's, something doesn't add up.

I always take announcement game footage with a heap of salt, none of the PS4 launch titles looked as good as promised and there was the infamous PS3 'footage' along with the Ubisoft downgrades, and No Man's Sky of course. @Nag

I just think some folks are overreacting a little at some rogue editor changing the buttons is all @mr lakitu I think Anthem looks boring too.

It is amusing it's garnered this much attention. Since the dawn of gaming this has gone on. I don't usually bother batting an eyelid at such shenanigans but it's obviously a big game under the limelight on the back of the Xbox X hype - it's just funny :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Games for August, apparently:

Just Cause 3 (PS4)

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)

That’s You – PS4 (bonus title)

Super Motherload (PS3)

Snake Ball (PS3)

Downwell (PS Vita)

Level 22 (PS Vita)

Yesss!!! Been waiting to play JC3 for AGES, chuffed with that (if true). 

I've got AC: Freedom Cry on Steam though but not played it.

Bit puzzled with 'That's you!' Though, thought that was free last month? 2 months in a row?

• 3 weeks later...