passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Huge shame, but their only real successes in recent years have been the Astro Bot games so not a big surprise. 

State of Play wasn’t great. Glad Kena got a release date (and looked awesome) and Oddworld Soulstorm is a PS+ title but aside from that and a new Deathloop trailer which was cool, there wasn’t a lot there for me. 

The FFVIIR add on and PS5 upgrade coming in June is cool but played through it already and I don’t intend to go through it again.

Oh man that sucks, was hoping there’d be new astrobot and gravity rush games, well astrobot being much more likely. edit - apparently the astrobot devs are still around.

free upgrade for ff7 made me put an order in as i was thinking about getting it at some point, but now a bit worried the free upgrade might be for digital only - edit seems like its physical too for the free upgrade as long as your ps5 has a disk drive.

22 minutes ago, Nag said:

Returnal is PS5 only isn't it?...

Yes, the only one and has been shown many times before. I meant no new ps5 games. Everything else has also also been shown before and PS4 bound. I think like many I was expecting to see at least one reason to own a ps5. Even if it had a 2022 release. I don’t even have a vented interest in it either way I was just annoyed on other people’s behalf who have just spent close to £500 for a system that has more free texture upgrades than games. 

My take on it last night:

Crash Bandicoot can fuck right off. I'll probably end up buying it though as my youngest loves it. 

Returnal looked cool. Not £70 day one purchase cool but certainly something i'd pick up in the sales.
Old Boy - the game – can't remember it's name, Suri? Sushi? STFU?, looked pretty intriguing.

Some shitty looking dodgeball game that made me want to go and play Splatoon instead.
The new Abe game. Doubt I would have bought this but it's free so I'll give it a whirl.
Solar Ash continues to look amazing.

Kena continues to look incredible. 

Five Nights at Freddy's about as much fun as self catheterization.  
Deathloop is ticking all the right boxes for me. 

Free FF7 Remake upgrade is nice, never finished it on PS4 and was looking to go back to it. 

11 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Shame about Japan Studio. They did feel like Sony's B studio, but I assumed that was the point. Smaller scope, cheaper, interesting games that didn't take 6 years to develop. Astrobot and Puppeteer alone deserve to get them respect 

Team Asobi is remaining, so Astro Bot will continue.

11 hours ago, spatular said:

Oh man that sucks, was hoping there’d be new astrobot and gravity rush games, well astrobot being much more likely.

There will be a new Astro Bot don’t worry ? Team Asobi will remain. 

8 hours ago, mmmark said:

I was just annoyed on other people’s behalf who have just spent close to £500 for a system that has more free texture upgrades than games. 

Don’t be ? the launch was so good last year with Spidey, Demon’s Souls

and Sackboy along with third parties that for me personally I’m not chomping at the bit for the next bit PS5 game right now, I’ll pick up Returnal and Ratchet in the next few months along with third parties and be a very happy bunny.

1 hour ago, Whiskey_chaser said:

Returnal looked cool. Not £70 day

£63, but yeah the pricing is all wrong for that game. 

Yeah, £63 is the cheapest I can find Returnal at the moment, I’ve got it pre-ordered at £61 but can’t see it that low at the moment. 

It’s definitely too expensive for what it is, I mean it could turn out to be some 50-100 hour masterpiece but I think knowing what we know about it right now it’s the wrong price point. 

My point was, I think folks would be a little more comfortable paying that price if they knew it was a long game as the value proposition is better for the player. 

Hades is £20 but is very much an indie game with a stylised indie art style. Value proposition is still fantastic with that though, especially at that price point. 

Got around to watching State of Play. 
It was ok I guess. 
Sifu looks awesome. But excitement tempered somewhat as I really didn’t like Absolver. 

I’ll definitely be getting the FFVIIR Remake content and will play through that again when the PS5 patch hits. 

Solar Ash could be good.

Where were the PS5 games at? How can they not have any new PS5 only games to show yet? Wank. 

1 hour ago, mfnick said:

Where were the PS5 games at? How can they not have any new PS5 only games to show yet? Wank. 

Returnal and Deathloop were there, Ratchet and Clank recently got a June release date. All are PS5 only in the console space.

But yeah, it was a disappointing State of Play for sure. I wanted to see more new PS5 shit to and to see Horizon 2 gameplay and the full reveal of GoW Raganarok but I guess a February SoP isn’t the place to reveal the full extent of those for one reason or another. 

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Kinda funny that Microsoft were being crucified for this cross gen approach when they were being upfront and honest about it yet that's exactly what Sony had in store too without people knowing... and it's starting to come back and bite them in the arse a little now... who knew.

Microsoft got crucified because Halo Infinite looked like utter gash, folks then worried about their cross-gen approach because of how bad that game looked. That and they have a distinct lack of 1P AAA titles that has consisted since 2013.

Not sure about the last bit, PS5 is selling like hot cakes, some cool AAA PS5 titles on the way, sitting pretty at the moment. 

Sony should’ve been more upfront about stuff like Horizon 2 being cross-gen, but yeah, it’s a false equivalence here.