passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

4 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The spoiler minefield for this show is near impossible to avoid at this stage I think, it's sort of hitting the peak of its zeitgeist right now and some news outlets just straight up put spoilers as headlines. Maybe the worst example I've seen in a long time

I don't think I've seen anything obvious so far, maybe once I watch more I'll realise though. I'm annoyed that even the new adverts for Barry show some pretty bad spoilers, but it is a great show though

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Yeah, that's why I hid the Barry trailer when posting it in the trailer thread. It's unavoidable with the direction that show goes in tho

Just don't read news articles on succession anyway, lol

Now TV played me a trailer for the new series before the episode I'm watching now, which was nice of them

14 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Yeah, that's why I hid the Barry trailer when posting it in the trailer thread. It's unavoidable with the direction that show goes in tho

Just don't read news articles on succession anyway, lol

I dunno, I know nothing about it at all, other than what we have seen of 2 episodes. My wife thinks it's 'OK'...
I assume it's worth sticking with but we have no idea 😅

46 minutes ago, Pikman said:

I dunno, I know nothing about it at all, other than what we have seen of 2 episodes. My wife thinks it's 'OK'...
I assume it's worth sticking with but we have no idea 😅

Oh man it is so good. There is an episode in series 2 that comes a bit out of left field that is absolutely perfect. As it goes on in leans more into dark drama with comedic overtones instead of comedy drama. It reminds me a little bit of Dexter when it was good

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2023 at 07:34, Jimbo Xiii said:

Oh man it is so good. There is an episode in series 2 that comes a bit out of left field that is absolutely perfect. As it goes on in leans more into dark drama with comedic overtones instead of comedy drama. It reminds me a little bit of Dexter when it was good

Season 3 Barry continued to be excellent. It feels like is has ditched the comedy pretext by this point and is just a very dark drama punctuated with some very funny (and dark) moments. Some genuinely shocking moments in season 3. I was going to pause before starting season 4 to watch Succession instead but ended up watching the first episode last night anyway

12 hours ago, merman1974 said:

Caught up on Better (BBC1) - crime drama where a detective is compromised by her relationship with a drug dealer, and puts her family in danger.

What did you think? I dropped it past the first episode because she kind of deserves everything she gets 

11 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

What did you think? I dropped it past the first episode because she kind of deserves everything she gets 

I enjoyed it, partly because it wasn’t a black & white, good vs bad story.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to the party but we've just finished BEEF, thought it was excellent... loved the last episode and ending and it had some really great music choices.

Ted Lasso

Bit late to this but was I fuck paying for another streaming service (got 2 month trial). Plus I don’t care about football and overly positive people wind me up something rotten. 

But I loved it. Finished the 1st season in less than a week. Only 30 minute episodes too! Recommend anyone to at least give it a try, even if everything about it puts you off like it did me. 

1 hour ago, mfnick said:

Ted Lasso

Bit late to this but was I fuck paying for another streaming service (got 2 month trial). Plus I don’t care about football and overly positive people wind me up something rotten. 

But I loved it. Finished the 1st season in less than a week. Only 30 minute episodes too! Recommend anyone to at least give it a try, even if everything about it puts you off like it did me. 

It's one of our favourite shows of recent times, we really enjoyed both the first and second series.

We're watching the third at the moment, it isn't as good as the first two series, still worth watching though. The episodes are longer, but a lot of the supporting characters are now getting their own arcs, not necessarily a bad thing as I like everyone in the show, but it makes it more bloated, with a bit less comedy and more melodrama. There are some really great episodes still though, so overall worth it I'd say

Yeah Ted Lasso is fantastic, one of our fave shows as well.

As others have said before, you don't need to be into Football at all to enjoy it, it's Football-adjacent really, the plot centres around Football and includes cool anecdotes and in-jokes for people that are into footy without laying it on too thick at any point.

Similar to Jim, I don't like S3 as much as the previous two, but it's still great.