passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Foamstars

HandsomeDead

Blakey missed one

So, someone has finally decided to take some heavy inspiration from Splatoon.  Gameplay wise to differentiate it you use foam as your attacks and covering system which can be built up to give potential verticality, which could be notable.

It does look like there is a different super-like abilities as well as your weapons.

I don't know who is working with Square Enix on it or if it's internal (I'd be surprised at that) but I can't find that anywhere.

I know making a game with an iconic look is really hard so I'm not saying this is that meaningful as a criticism but when you're skirting so close to Spatoon, especially with its Asian pop, festival aesthetic (just minus the squid kids) it comes across a bit cynical.  You could make a game that is about shooting and movement through the aftermath without being so brazen.

Something like this was gonna happen eventually, especially with Splatoon's runaway success in Japan.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So while previews for this were almost overwhelmingly positive a few months ago, reviews are pretty horrible all-around. Wonder what happened here, but it seems like yet another live service failure for Square Enix. Will it be the last? Check back soon for the next episode...

36 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

So while previews for this were almost overwhelmingly positive a few months ago, reviews are pretty horrible all-around

Seems to be the way it works nowadays... build something up then knock it down.

Apart from Kill the Justice League... they never bothered building that up to begin with.🤣