passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

one-armed dwarf

I have made a few hours into remake but not sure how much I'll play. Might slog through it and play the demo shortly before release

There's another demo coming later which takes place later in the game in an open world section, which is pretty generous. I really like the trend of demos which carry over into the main game with your save. Makes it feel like the game has released early, and also lets you get stuck in on release and skip the overly slow opening that every game has nowadays

There's also a trailer. Frankly the trailer looks like spoilers to me

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last image is of the party fighting Sephiroth (I guess we fight Sephiroth at the end of every single one of these, huh) and Aerith's not there ⚰️

Finished the demo, took 2 hours. I very much enjoyed it. 
There’s a second part coming up “soon”, which will include Junon, and part of the open world. There was no mention of unlocks, or save file carrying across. So I’m guessing you have to finish the second part for that.

Not played it but watching some footage on gamespot of the boss fight you could see the image quality collapse really low, even on YouTube the dynamic res was obvious and below 1080

Still seems like these remake games have huge presentation problems. Its weird though cause its not like it has ray tracing, lighting is flat and dated. It can look like a ps4 game

PjMKXIB.jpg

Quality mode it is. I can't put up with fsr but 30 fps is tolerable enough for this

Fair enough. Even if they get FSR3 - Avatar ran and looked beautiful on that. But they need to get away from this old FSR stuff

I don’t consider myself any kind of graphics snob. I think 30fps is great and 1440p is more than enough. 

But I think FSR just wrecks any kind of image. It’s what pushed me off Starfield and Alan Wake 2 from Xbox to PC because it’s just so ugly

23 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

It's just the demo save that carries over. The save from remake doesn't really I think, well you get some bonus materia but it's not like a full fat mass effect save carry over. They're mostly separate games

I've bought the first one with intergrade in the Christmas ps sale. I was sort of under the impression that the first one was the city bit and this new one is when they go out into the wider world. Is that not the case?

I was thinking of playing it as one big FF7 remake ultra binge.

That is the case, but there's no save cross over other than these summon materia you get. So everything you level up resets, although the base level in the new game looks like it will be higher than the old one.

If you binge all three of these games you will get anime heartburn, and will go 'huh? Uh?' whenever something happens and your children will worry for you