passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Motorsport (2023)

Maf

Based on what DF thinks, the BG3 issue was to do with RAM and the way players can move really far away from each other, with the things it has to keep in memory. It's a systemic limitation with how the game works, at least for the moment. But it's not like BG3 is super well optimised as is, it's got some bits where you really feel it creaking even on a powerful machine and not necessarily in a way that makes sense (spending nearly 30 seconds trying to figure out a single goblin move, for instance). 

If the forza stuff is purely visual though you'd think they could squeeze it in eventually, assuming its scalable

(Sorry, not trying to put BG stuff in every thread but it seemed sort of germane here, with regard to parity clauses and all)

Yeah, I doubt its used much nowadays but then none of us are in our teens or early twenties on here so who knows, probably still gets used a fair bit in Uni dorms/houses but there'll most likely not playing the likes of this, more CoD/Fifa and one of them doesn't require split screen.

I think it's a no brainer for Xbox, just drop the parity requirement, what's the big deal, shooting themselves in the foot for no real gain.

It would be reputationally damaging for them to put out a multi-tiered hardware offering and then say that actually S isn't going to give you the same offerings as they promised.

They kinda have to stick with it, I think. Or wait a long while before considering dropping this parity clause

I wonder if the Forza issue is really linked to Series S and I'm saying that despite being of the opinion that this second SKU was a mistake and should never have come out. It can't really be the RAM thing like in BD3 because (correct me if I'm wrong) in a racing game the track has to fit inside the system's RAM no matter whether you're playing solo or splitscreen. And if it's fidelity surely you can just make it look and run like poop to make it work, like Goldeneye on the N64.

I think this just boils down to Microsoft in-house studios still having serious issues in the backend. I think the only polished game they've released on Series XS so far has been HiFi Rush and that was made inside a figurative bubble in Japan.

22 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

I wonder if the Forza issue is really linked to Series S and I'm saying that despite being of the opinion that this second SKU was a mistake and should never have come out. It can't really be the RAM thing like in BD3 because (correct me if I'm wrong) in a racing game the track has to fit inside the system's RAM no matter whether you're playing solo or splitscreen. And if it's fidelity surely you can just make it look and run like poop to make it work, like Goldeneye on the N64.

I think this just boils down to Microsoft in-house studios still having serious issues in the backend. I think the only polished game they've released on Series XS so far has been HiFi Rush and that was made inside a figurative bubble in Japan.

It might dump textures from vram. No point having them for stuff on the opposite side of the track. Split screen means keeping keeping the textures for 2 locations and cars etc in vram 

But doesn't that circle back to the fidelity question? Use lower-res textures Series S can deal with at the cost of the game looking less impressive. At the end of the day there will never be parity between S and X anyway because otherwise X would be a waste of money for the consumer. It's just a question of how to hide the differences as best as you can.

That, or just add rubberband to splitscreen multiplayer on Series S. The kids will love it.

Thought this may be of interest to @mfnick and @spatular

Forza Motorsport steering wheel compatibility list
Console
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec DD1
Fanatec DD2
Fanatec CSL DD
HORI Overdrive
Logitech G920
Logitech G923
Logitech Pro DD
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-XW
Thrustmaster T128
Thrustmaster T248
PC
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec DD1
Fanatec DD2
Fanatec CSL DD
Fanatec GT DD
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech G27
Logitech G29
Logitech G920
Logitech G923
Logitech MOMO
Logitech Pro DD
Moza R9 (CS Wheel)
Moza R9 (GS Wheel)
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TS-XW
Thrustmaster T128
Thrustmaster T248
Thrustmaster T818

• 3 weeks later...

Just looked at an IGN first hands on video on YouTube... literally every comment is stuff like "Driving perfection 7/10" "Best driving simulation ever 7/10"  🤣🤣

Think it'll be a long time before that score fades away.

Looking forward to this, comments like the above make me laugh. 

While I have always been a GT guy

I get a little irked by the simcade label that Pc and Driving game snobs have branded gt and forza with as a derogatory term. 

That being said even i can see those titles are not the best driving sims. But introduce racers to sim world with accessible games. 

How this new one turns out remains to be seen as i say given im a gt guy always going to be a bit bias, but it cant do much worse than GT7s woeful AI and Rolling starts that turn the game into a driving precession at times. 

I think if this is your first one you should have a good time with it, the reason I burnt out on them is I played so many in quick succession (they used to come out every 2 years like clockwork) and they didn't really change from release to release, then they fumbled the ball massively with 5 which was cut back significantly for the XBOne launch. 

After that I haven't gone back to it, as much as they're launching this like a reboot, everything I've seen is exactly like it always used to be really, it's just another Forza Motorsport, which is no bad thing per se, but if you've as played as many as I have that isn't an exciting prospect anymore.

• 4 weeks later...