passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

DisturbedSwan

Does anyone just think this game looks like an ENB shader? The contrast and ambient occlusion settings are way too high, like a TV set to 'vivid'. It's way too dark. Lots of lost detail in the bit where Tommy goes in the hotel lobby

Other than that though it doesn't look 'bad'. It's more in line with the style of those old games than I expect but I would like to just relax those settings a bit on PC if possible.

edit for instance, this is an ENB shader for half life. Everything super dark, that's how the vice city clip looks to me 

HLSP2K10_Preview.jpg

edit2 people are now saying that these are ports of the mobile phone versions with new graphics, because they have bugs from that version. Dunno how that effects things, if it's in a big way or small way but seems kinda cheap

Not sure if I'll make a thread yet, but I bought these games on PC. They stutter and run like shit whenever I open the pause menu. I can't discount that being a problem on my side but I reckon it's not my hardware that's the issue. Can't change it to borderless fullscreen if I want to keep HDR turned on, this is in the first couple minutes of each game

Playing a bit of VC tho made me want to actually play VC, so I'll run through a few missions later on and give some PC impressions in a thread maybe. Or maybe not if there's not much to say.

(Or someone else makes a thread and I post it there whatevs lol)

Don’t lend me £55 for the PC version I don’t have a PC 🙁 That’s cruel.

37 minutes ago, bellow said:

I'm playing San Andreas. Put it on Performance mode on the X and it's running great.

What the fuck it’s San Andreas the Series X can’t do 4K60? I know they updated the graphics but yo

I've managed to have some fun with Vice City, which I get into/will get into in the thread. But I mostly think this is a fairly amateur production. It's more taxing than The Witcher 3 maxed out, despite looking like it does. I had to stop playing last night because the rain effect is so bad I thought I would get sick, it stuck with me for a while afterwards as well. I couldn't watch moving stuff without feeling strange. I saw also that the entire soundtrack except MJ is in the game files, but they have set it so the radio auto skips the copy righted tracks. Except that this is bugged sometimes and it occasionally does play those tracks, it played Video killed the Radio Star for me and apparently that one is out. So there's even some copyright infringement.

That's all on top of the game just looking very weird. I don't think the look of the game is a stylistic choice at all I think it's the best they were able to manage. If someone had never played these games I'd be trying to steer them towards the original ones, but Rockstar have made sure you can't buy them anymore.

edit damn this got Cyberpunked, they pulled it from the PC store. Maybe cause of that music issue I mentioned?

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rockstar-launcher-down-gta-trilogy-pc/

Also fun, phone home DRM means people can't play the games they've bought. Remember when ppl tried to defend this with Xbone

The fuck has happened here? It’s mental how bad this is. & people defending it are mental. It’s Rockstar, they make more money in a week or 2 than some companies make in a couple of years. Suppose it’s too much to ask they do this right and optimised it correctly. 

Really, for how much they make and how well this will sell it should have been full remasters but if they worked correctly it would have been mostly ok for the asking price. But how it is, its just a full blown cash grab at this point.