passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

DisturbedSwan

9 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

I felt like this on the original release. There's a motion blur in the game, you can turn it off to hopefully make this issue go away.

I turned this off immediately, but what the rain does here is it puts a layer right on your character if that makes sense. So the same rain animation follows you around. It is very disorientating

Seeing is believing, but playing this is ten times worse. I am a VR veteran but this destroyed me 

The experience I had with this in Vice City was worse than this clip, cause there were other cars on the screen and they weren't on like the same 'z plane' as the rain drops or whatever you want to call it. I can't play the game until they fix this, or a mod removes rain

edit this is a better (awful) example

They've been taken off the store for a couple days now, but this is the first time I've had a game taken off my computer as well.

I won't buy anything on this launcher ever again

edit btw this is way way worse than the Hot Coffee thing. They have sold physical versions of this game which include Lionel Richie songs that they don't have license to distribute. 

They are in so much fucking trouble over this. I feel very bad for the developers who are knee deep in shit over this, but seeing Rockstar and Take 2 get in trouble for piracy is the kind of poetic justice you just can't make up. It's going to be great lmao

DF making a video

Important perspective here. I'm sure a few of us have been in this position where you know a project is undeliverable in the timeframe wanted, but sometimes all you can do is explain that, make the paper trail/email chain to show how you explained that and put up with the shit sandwich that's dealt. But the buck stops at the top.

The thing this reminds me of is when TSB bank in the UK fucked up deployment of their IT system so a CTO could get a bonus before end of year delivery. I'm almost certain that there's a parallel here to that story

I don't think that's the most interesting issue here as that's always a problem for any game. No developer wants to put out something bad or unfinished. What is more baffling here is that we're talking about what is probably one of the top three most popular and successful gaming IPs in the world selling copies all year round and yet Take Two still wanted to get this out before the holidays. This could easily have launched in April next year and still sell a ton. It's corporate greed up to the max where they completely lose sight of reality.

What seems weird (with the PC version) is that it doesn't seem, given time delay, that they'd even prepared a new 'clean' version ready to go at all (i.e. it's not like someone just uploaded the wrong version in error).

So seems incredible that they were trying to pass off the previous code without making appropriate deletions, knowing full well what the PC community is like for digging around files.

Reeks of pure corporate arrogance - especially with not offering immediate refunds

I'm still waiting to get my money back, I just can't buy a game off this crowd again now. They just took the money and run, it's still unbelievable to me and puts them right at the top of my 'worst companies' list.

I mean, Blizzard and Ubisoft are worse cause of all the abuse that goes on. But on a 'dealing with them personally' level is what I mean. I won't be buying GTAVI (I didn't play more than 2 hours of V so it's an easy one to dodge at least)

Are you sad because it makes you feel old or you think it looks like shit?

I think it really shows how a lot of remasters have this really non-cohesive art style. They just make everything sharp and remove a lot of the atmospheric effects but this is a particularly bad case of that. The Catalina scene looks way better on PS2, the rain looks better as well. The textures don't look good, but I won't trade good textures and volumetric lighting for everything else that's terrible about this release. Like Tommy Vercetti looking like a Ken doll and Avery looking like they dipped his ps2 model in vasline, or the ambient occlusion making everything dark

Cuz I’m old 

I never thought GTA3 looked bad at the time. I do remember noticing the blocky hands and stuff and glossing over it, but it was so rich in everything else it never occurred to me that it wasn’t a good looking game. I mean I’d just come from at best the Dreamcast but mainly PS1 and N64 so I always thought GTA3 looked amazing. 

Now looking back I kind of like it even more. It just looks so cool. They’re right in that DF video that PS2 blue tint to it really helps with the tone and whatnot.

I also recognised you were right with how bad the rain effect is in the new version when you said it, but in their video they really show that shit wow. That’s awful.