passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Metroid: Dread

mmmark

The fact the term is called METROIDvania means that they can charge whatever they like for it.

You can’t play price match with indie titles. Hollow Knight as great as it is is very minimalistic.

People: “There was bound to be a price rise for gaming. £70 is fine”

Also people: “I’m not paying £35! There’s indie games like that free on Xbox or £10 in sales”

Don’t agree with £70 at all either. Fucking ridiculous price!

Also that £35 price was with a offer code. It’s actually £43 most places with RRP of £50. Fucking mental. 

Plus it looks like a indie game still regardless of the budget. We’ll see when it’s released if it offers more but if it’s a indie game experience for a AAA price point they’re taking the piss. If they want to charge that much it should offer something above those games. 

11 minutes ago, mmmark said:

The fact the term is called METROIDvania means that they can charge whatever they like for it.

You can’t play price match with indie titles. Hollow Knight as great as it is is very minimalistic.

Also people: “I’m not paying £35! There’s indie games like that free on Xbox or £10 in sales”

Pretty much this. 

4 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Also that £35 price was with a offer code. It’s actually £43 most places with RRP of £50. Fucking mental. 

I don't see what's mental about that, that's the standard RRP for Switch games and some last-gen titles.

5 hours ago, mmmark said:

I suspect it's not the same people saying those things

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new Samus amiibo figure featuring her suit from Metroid Dread and an E.M.M.I. amiibo figure will launch alongside the game.

Scan the Samus amiibo for an extra energy tank to increase your health by 100, additionally the Samus amiibo can be tapped again to receive health once per day. The E.M.M.I. amiibo grants Samus a Missile Plus tank, increasing her missile capacity by 10, additionally the E.M.M.I. amiibo can be tapped again to replenish some missiles once per day

An email from Nintendo, today.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Now even the thumbnails start looking spoilerific, time to move under my favourite rock!

Same. It is only a couple of weeks away. I don't need to see every single pixel before then.

Wow the new trailer is great. This game looks much faster than other Metroid games. Also packed with different abilities.

I wonder how they’ll handle storytelling. Metroid is not very good at it, but it appears they are leaning in to it in a bigger way than before with this game. It would be nice if the Metroid universe was explained a bit more. The overall story and world of Metroid makes no sense to me. 

• 2 weeks later...