passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Twilight Princess 144p?

This guy as well.

So I guess it's kinda open world-ish. Dunno yet, need to see more.

If they go big open world on it I expect them to get rid of the slow steady combat systems they're used to and go for something that's a bit more freeform or something and less constrained. Which would make sense from Sekiro.

Could be big competition for Dragon's Dogma II.

They put Half Life in a lot of categories but not technical achievement which is odd.

IMO tho it has to be Flight Sim, they mapped out the entire world in incredible detail with an algorithm. Yeah they turned Buckingham Palace into a block of flats and put the Space Odyssey obelisk in Australia but it's still the most 'next gen' thing out there IMO. Seeing all of London peek into view from beneath darkened rain clouds is still one of the coolest things I've seen, it's all so convincing as long as you don't peek too close at it

Same here, though I would also be okay with Last of Us 2 winning that category. I still find it almost unbelievable how good it looks on a base PS4 from 2013. 

Can't really talk much about the rest, I have played so little of these blockbusters. In fact from all the games on these lists, Last of Us 2 and No Man's Sky are the only ones I have played. 

On 04/03/2021 at 14:53, Nag said:

Brings a whole new meaning to playing Possum...

@radiofloyd don't watch the trailer till the end.?

That’s the announcement trailer from two years ago ? I think they just announced it for xbox. Could have made a new trailer guys and gals. 

Lost Words is releasing on pretty much every format on April 6th:

It annoyed me a bit when it was announced as a timed Stadia exclusive so it's nice to see it popping up everywhere now. No idea if it's any good or not, looks a bit like a more linear but narratively tight version of Scribblenauts?

Sumo Digital (or the Sumo Group) now have their own publishing arm. It sounds like the intent is for it to publish smaller games, not the kind of work they do for other publishers.

On that note, I'm amazed they've not been bought yet. I always thought Sega would have been a good fit for them, and some of the people involved with this are ex-Sega, but credit to them for staying independent

UK development giant Sumo Group has launched a publishing division to handle internally developed games, plus projects from other independent studios.

The new business is called Secret Mode and is led by former Sega VP James Schall, who joins Sumo as director of publishing. Schall is supported by head of marketing Derek Seklecki, who is also a former Sega veteran.

"Secret Mode is an outlet for Sumo's internal projects," Schall tells GamesIndustry.biz.

"These will be smaller projects, maybe games that have been in incubation for a little while that we will have a look at and find a route to market. And as we build up a support structure for those games, we will also build resources where we can help other teams.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-03-10-sumo-group-launches-publishing-arm-called-secret-mode 

Whilst you might not be too interested in Raven Leilani's book "Luster" (center around a young black woman’s relationship with a rich white couple) there's an insightful interview about her inspiration being drawn from her background in video gaming.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/mar/11/raven-leilani-luster-video-games-final-fantasy

This caught my eye recently:

It's from the same designer behind The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince which shouldn't surprise anyone as they look almost the same. There's a bit of gameplay in the middle section of the clip, looks a bit like classic Paper Mario.