Bob

Random News II

Yep. Count me in. That game looks really nice and I loved Monument Valley. 

It's become pretty clear by now that they chose not to address this at their recent show not because they didn't have time but because they hoped that the facebook normies who aren't plugged into this stuff would not be distracted from the big announcements. Every preview and review of their stuff should just include a detail about their corporate culture before talking about their games imo

I fall the other way, in my view this should be kept separate from a game presentation.

Maybe precede any forthcoming Ubisoft announcements with:

“Ubisoft has fallen short in its obligation to guarantee a safe and inclusive workplace environment for its employees,” Guillemot said in a statement on July 12 in Paris announcing the executive departures. “This is unacceptable, as toxic behaviors are in direct contrast to values on which I have never compromised—and never will. I am committed to implementing profound changes across the company to improve and strengthen our workplace culture.”

Well, adding in an apology might be nice too, albeit that sadly never seems to be the modern way.

I'm pretty certain this kind of thing happens in a lot of places and it's certainly not acceptable but you don't see Ford* issuing statements like this when unveiling the newest Fiesta.

*this is an example, obviously.

It really wouldn't have been above and beyond for them to acknowledge it at their PR showing. It actually would have been extremely easy and timely to do.

They just didn't want it to get in the way of their announcements. It comes across when you read about how Yves looked the other way on this stuff historically and how HR protected the upper echelons of Ubi

I dunno, I bet they'd address it at an industry event if the industry was talking about it.

I'd expect them to do like @shinymcshine said, short statement, doesn't  have to be anyone on screen, that says "we need to do better" etc, then move on and don't mention it next time. Now they've had people talking about how they didn't mention it, so they'll have to go through this when their next stream is

This isn't something they can just wrap up at a event.  I'd definitely rather they acknowledged it, and much better, a promise to rejig the corporate structure with people who have proved they aren't pieces of shit. 

But the proof of the pudding will show years down the line.  But for now I've personally not been being buying Ubisoft games for years anyway, without feeling I've missed out.  So, just saying... There's other, cooler games. 

Played that one last year at Gamescom. The visual style really blew me away, it looks so good. Gameplay was a bit too much to properly get into at a convention but I'll sure to check it out when it launches (also didn't know they had a Switch version planned, might be a good handheld game).

😍

Team Reptile are the developer of the Lethal League games. Huge Jet Set Radio vibes there, the steam page even mentions music from  Hideki Naganuma. The release date is listed as 'future'.

Ohhh😲

Might even get back to finishing the original at some point, now.

@OCH it looks like an update, not a new game.

But I never finished it either because I guess I got distracted.  Good excuse to go back.

19 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

@OCH it looks like an update, not a new game.

But I never finished it either because I guess I got distracted.  Good excuse to go back.

Indeed. DLC, as it says on the tin. But the video does mention something on NG+, so this could be something unlocked post-game?

PQube, Dual Effect and Abstract Digital Works have announced Tormented Souls, a survival horror inspired by classic examples of the genre, including the original Resident Evil and Silent Hill games, as well as the likes of Alone in the Dark. The game even features a fixed camera, like vintage Resident Evil.

Billed as a "modern take" on classic survival horror, Tormented Souls has a streamlined control system, "a more dynamic camera", and seeks to retain "everything that made those games so beloved by fans." You'll play as Caroline Walker, investigating the disappearance of twin girls in a place called Winterlake.

Awakening in the middle of the night, naked in a bathtub, hooked up to decaying medical equipment, you'll have to fight for your life while exploring the halls of a seemingly abandoned mansion that's been converted into a macabre hospital. Using weapons and sharp wits, you'll need to scour the environment for helpful resources, and solve puzzles by combining items. Sounds familiar...

In Tormented Souls, mirrors will also provide an entry point to an alternate reality and place in time, enabling Caroline to manipulate the fabric of reality "in surprising ways", helping to turn certain situations to her advantage. Expect to encounter "unspeakable horrors" when Tormented Souls launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2021. Check out the debut trailer below.

Sounds like they've made this just for me.😁