passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Writing seems a bit meh, but the artstyle is sublime. It's from the guys who made Astria Ascending, which I though was pretty decent and unique, but quite a few people rather disliked it. This one seems more traditional.

Some people are just completely unable to look at the big picture. This is an early access game that, from what I can tell, seems to more proof of concept than actual game. The hype it generated was disproportional to what's on offer, so obviously it's not going to stay on that concurrent player level for weeks on end. 

It's like taking the piss out of a 9 stone guy who lost 4 pound on a diet while fat cunt 37 stone Dave managed to lose 6 stone... no shit.🙄😂

While it looks like a cool blend of OG and Reboot Lara, I wouldn't put too much stock in it because it's right next to a fan artwork made for its most recent anniversary.

I think we also have a topic for that new game, just in case there's more to this.

Bit of context: this is the last game released under the Riot Forge umbrella, which was an initiative from Riot to collaborate with external developers and broaden the LoL-universe by letting indie developers put all those characters into other games and genres. Ruined King might be the most famous release, but there have been quite a few more, like the relatively recent Song of Nunu from Tequila Works. Riot Forge was shut down the same day they announced their recent layoffs.

I honestly don't really know what this game is about but it's super adorable and Steam reviews are positive. 

Supermassive just put this on their official Twitter: They’re laying some staff off.

Doesn’t say how many, but for them to make a statement like this, it’s not going to be just one or two.

No mention how this will affect their future games. They’re currently working on a Dead By Daylight spinoff game. Though we’ve seen basically nothing about that since it was announced. 

IMG_0625.png

According to Schreier it's 90 people, making up roughly a third of their workforce.

No idea what that means for them going forward but they most likely are not going to make anymore of these high fidelity mo-cap games.

Far as I know, the Dead By Daylight game is all they currently have in the pipeline. I don’t think they’re involved with the Until Dawn remaster. 

If they don’t make those kinds of games anymore, they’re basically screwed, as that’s all they’ve done for the last few years.

Out of curiosity just googled it a bit

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/supermassive-games-appoints-new-ceo-bids-farewell-to-co-founders-after-15-years#close-modal

So since the beginning of Feb the 2 co-founders of the studio left the company, and seemingly the games industry altogether. And a new CEO came down from their parent company, which seems to be a purely business focused games company. So that should tell you something about how decisions are looked at 

Sometime this month the new CEO said

Spoiler

"I'm exceptionally fired up about working with the management and all the talented people in the studio to continue developing Supermassive Games position as one of the leading studios in the world," he wrote on Linkedin. "We're just getting started." 

“Except for you 90 people over there” he seem to leave out 

Hmm. That really doesn’t bode well. In regards to the Dead By Daylight game, “The Casting Of Frank Stone”, there’s been basically nothing shown about it from when it was announced, ages ago. DBD regularly has community announcements, and they’ve made no mention about the game whatsoever.

It was basically announced as “Until Dawn, in the DBD universe”. Which as a DBD fan, I’m all for. 
But with this announcement, and not a word about the game at all, in basically over a year, I won’t be surprised if it gets cancelled. And if it does, I don’t know what else they’re currently working on? 
 Possibly more Dark Pictures. But I’d hope not, as they were all exceptionally boring. The second one is one of the most tedious games I’ve ever played. 3 I just pissed about and deliberately got everyone killed ASAP. I couldn’t even be arsed to finish the 4th one.

Shiren The Wanderer: 9/10 Island

I like that every part of this trailer is just “the game can be a muthafucka, but it’ll be ok”

I would either love this or hate this, I’m not sure 

Looks like dog do-do. But just the kind of tedious repetitive shit everyone seems to love doing these days. Wish I had that part of the brain which likes doing that kind of menial stuff. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/balatro-grossed-1m-in-eight-hours

A solo developer's debut game has generated more than $1 million dollars within hours of release.

Balatro is a poker-themed roguelike deck building game published by UK publisher PlayStack, who told GamesIndustry.biz sales passed the $1 million mark after eight hours when it released last week.

It also reached profitability within one hour of being on sale.