passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

This has a demo now. It's a bit like Pirates! but without duels. I played it a bit yesterday, it's pretty cute, but the text size is ridiculously small on Switch, to the point where it's probably unplayable on Switch Lite.

You can now download and play the cancelled Castlevania game for Dreamcast: https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-preservation.com/castlevania-resurrection-release?fbclid=IwAR0sZ2h88YFbpPijOumyRQ5jV7suu683Mm2UT-EGrk7p5frZxWwDkndhGl8

There's quite a lot of background info about the game on that page as well (it's a bit of a wonky translation though). Really interesting IMO and it's a shame it never came out back then. I know the previous and following 3D Castlevanias weren't particularly good, but this one was being developed by a different team so it could have turned out better than the PS2 games. One to keep in mind if you ever find yourself stranded in an alternate dimension.

Gaming Bible: Injustice Studio Working on a Marvel Fighting Game says Insider

It's fair to say that Marvel fans have been starved for a truly decent fighting game of late. 2017's Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite was, to put it mildly, not very good. Meanwhile, DC fans have been spoiled by the excellent Injustice games.

Mortal Kombat studio NetherRealm were given the keys to the DC universe back in 2013 for Injustice: Gods Among Us, a brutal fighting game that pitted the likes of Batman and Superman against each other and threw in a surprisingly deep story mode as an added bonus. Injustice 2 dropped a few years later in 2017, further putting Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite to shame with its rich well of content, fantastic gameplay, and another great single-player campaign.

Marvel fans have only been able to look on in envy at the DC brawler, but a new report suggests that NetherRealm might just be gearing up to give Spider-Man, Captain America, and the rest of the gang the Injustice treatment.

According to notable leaker and industry insider Daniel Richtman (via Stealth Optional), NetherRealm is developing a Marvel fighting game for next-gen consoles. Details are thin on the ground at this point, but Richtman claims the game is already in production.

If NetherRealm can do for Marvel what Injustice did for DC, fans should be in for a treat. I'm not sure the story would need to be quite as edgy as the one seen in Injustice, though. Those games get seriously dark. Marvel has always been a little lighter, no?

As exciting as this is, do take the news with a pinch of salt for now. It would certainly make sense for Disney and Marvel to turn to NetherRealm in an effort to deliver a new kind of superhero fighting game using their classic characters given the studio's work on Injustice, but it'd also be a little unexpected. Warner Bros. owns both DC and NetherRealm, after all, so it would be unusual for Marvel to turn to them.

If you'll allow me to put on tin foil hat for a second, it'd be even more unusual if this rumoured NetherRealm game included DC and Marvel characters in a massive crossover brawler, wouldn't it? Unusual... but not impossible. Watch this space.

I found it believable until someone pointed out that this would be the first collaboration between Disney and Warner Bros. since Roger Rabbit.

So, yeah, probably not happening. And I'm kind of okay with that, because as great as that game would look, it would be yet another sluggish, imbalanced and badly animated NRS title that'll get "supported" for a year with DLC and then quickly dropped for the next cool thing.

Huh, a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance remaster has been announced and is coming out tomorrow?

I remember people enjoying this back in the day but phew, it hasn't aged gracefully. Maybe one to put on the wishlist for later.

There's an article in the Guardian about the rise of older generation gamers:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/may/07/a-wonderful-escape-the-rise-of-gaming-parents-and-grandparents

Which is great, but in my experience no-one can be having quite that much fun with Overcooked.

It's a fab game, but a way more stressy when playing co-op than these two make it seem!

Screenshot_20210509-105609.png

I am really surprised Assassin's Creed is still going? I would have thought it one of those series that ran its course by now? Thirteen years is a long time, especially for modern era titles.