passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Disney+

DisturbedSwan

10 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Cars makes no sense. How did they build all those garages and houses and highways without hands? It's also kind of an irresponsible movie in this day and age, showing off air polluting products from real-life corporations in a cutesy fashion so kids fall in love with them.

wait until you watch planes, now that makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, they are trash, which is a shame as Pixar stuff is generally pretty good. The plot of Cars 2 (spoilers) involves a fake clean fuel that it's inventor is trying to sabotage because he's discovered an off-shore oil reserve. It also has an uncomfortable amount of guns and murder for a film that is aimed at kids that like cars. 

The hot take from this is, I need to get my son in to better films.

I watched Cars 1 back in the day. That was enough for me, total shite. 

Pretty happy with Disney+ myself. I’ve got a couple of Marvel films to catch up on (Captain Marvel, Ant Man And The Wasp), classic Simpsons to enjoy. Mandalorian is brilliant.

Score.

• 1 month later...

So I'm trying Disney out but am vastly underwhelmed at the moment .

I was keen to watch the Mandalorian, but five episodes in and it's really pedestrian. Just very flat. If it wasnt for the little green feller there'd be no character or charm at all. There's no tension or sense of story and the whole Star Wars world just seems endlessly the same, wherever you go and whatever the time period.

Marvel films are just like watching paint dry for me, really boring  stuff. And with that, im struggling to find anything to watch which I havent already seen.

Proper disappointing.

• 2 months later...

I’ve pretty much been using this service to blaze through The Simpsons. I stopped back in the day at around Season 14, I think, as I didn’t have access to Sky after that.

A lot of people say it peaked at Season 11, and I’d say that’s accurate. While there’s the occasional decent episode after that point, there’s a lot of mediocre ones as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was pondering for a while if I should reply because I can already feel Blakey going all Disney-Overlord but I can't resist.

They are actually calling a 30$ purchase/rental that you only have access to while paying for a subscription "Premier Access". Oh my god.?

Also:

2020-09-04 16_06_01-Window.png

5 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

They are actually calling a 30$ purchase/rental that you only have access to while paying for a subscription "Premier Access". Oh my god.?

It's £19.99/21.99 Euros, or no extra cost if you're in France.

They should've just called it 'fake cinema access' and of been done with it. 

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of years ago I really enjoyed the TV series "Once Upon a Time", well seasons 1-6 anyway, the S7 reboot no so much.

But when they were on Netflix the spin-off mini series, "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland", wasn't.

And now too, well for UK at least, Once Upon a Time, s1-7, has now appeared on Disney+, but still no Wonderland.

I guess there are some odd/restricted rights issue but I'd still like to see it !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My father's Christmas gift to me was a year of Disney+.

He said, almost literally, that he knew I'd hate it but that he wanted me to watch Mandalorian.

Joke's on him though because I will first watch the last season of Clone Wars and then go through Rebels because I've heard there's some stuff taking place in Mandalorian that references both of these shows (unfortunately youtube thumbnails already spoiled the heck out of Mandalorian, but internet has to be internet I guess).

The service itself feels sluggish and missing quite a bit of features I've come to like on the Netflix side. And to be honest I don't know what I'd do with it if it didn't have Star Wars on. I doubt the She-Hulk show comes out before December 2021?

If you have a OLED Tv you must watch Soul. 

Just used a free trial and watched it. Apart from some Attenborough stuff, it’s probably the most visually impressive thing I’ve seen and really shows off your TV if it’s OLED - even a couple of years later it can still blow me away - the elevator scenes are just stunning on it. 

As for the actual film. Was ok I guess. Didn’t do much for me unfortunately. But it seems to have really connected with some people so got to be worth a watch just in case it does that for you. Regardless it’s worth it for the visuals. 

Personally thought Soul was amazing myself, me and the missus cried quite a bit watching it, a very special film. 

Not quite as good as Onward though, that’s probably my favourite Pixar film of recent years (and also on D+).

WandaVision Jan 15th, Falcon and the Winter Soldier in March, Loki in May, What If... in the Summer and Ms Marvel and Hawkeye at the end of the year if any of those would be of interest in terms of Marvel @Maryokutai