passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

Would probably buy it just to ply the first again. Remember not liking 2 much at all and never played 3 so would give that a go I suppose. Will it work without the pointer controls though? Not sure how much it relied on the speed and accuracy that could provide. 

3 is one of the 100 greatest games of all time according to some

I bought the rerelease on WiiU and never played it, it's on an external HDD somewhere. I wanted to play the first game with Wii controls after the success with 3. Not sure I want to play it as it was though, it was incredible at the time but it was a bit dry

Personally I'd like to see some standard run of the mill fps dual analogue controls included.

I know it's technically classed as a first person adventure, not a shooter as such, but modern controls would definitely make it more enjoyable for me and a lot of other people.

It should be possible considering the Trilogy was retro-fitted with Corruption's pointer controls. In fact I'd argue there's a better chance of that happening than Nintendo doing the pointer controls again as the latter would be useless in handheld mode.

In any case, I hope the rumours are true. With some touched-up textures and more dynamic lighting these games would still look phenomenal today. Technically they already do when upscaled but I hope they put in a bit more effort than that.

Ever since that Super Mario 35th Anniversary leak a few weeks ago, and then the trailer for Paper Mario after which I think really confirms that leak, now I check news sites with baited breath for the official confirmation of a Super Mario Galaxy remaster/remake like is today the day? Being backwards facing at the eve of a new generation is probably really dumb and I should prioritise properly but honestly I love Mario Galaxy to death (+ the sequel) and the only thing that would get me more excited would be a Super Mario Galaxy 3. 

Any day now, Nintendo, c’mon, give us the good stuff ?

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo stepping away from mobile games

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-mobile-no-games-in-development

Nintendo is reportedly retreating from the mobile gaming market, and currently has no new mobile games in development.A Bloomberg report indicates that Nintendo has been underwhelmed by its mobile games' financial performance, and is now preferring to concentrate on making games for its own Switch console following the huge success of games like Animal Crossing (which contributed to a 12-year high in share price).

The analyst added that the huge success of Switch has "reduced the need and the pressure" to create mobile game successes at the company.

While reports have suggested that Nintendo's mobile output has grossed over $1 billion, Nintendo has apparently not been primarily motivated to make money directly from its mobile games, reportedly even asking developers to adjust their games so that they allowed players to spend less.

Yeah, forget the mobile crowd they won’t love Mario Galaxy Remake like I do, Nintendo ?

I don't think Nintendo's approach to mobile has been that good.  I just don't think that many people wanna play that Mario Kart. 

I'm remembering the Art Style series on Wii and if they did something like that instead of trying to make established games work they may have done something more worthwhile, though I doubt it would be as successful. 

I'm still baffled they never made a digital version of the Pokemon card game. 

54 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

Well not really, I mean like a Hearthstone type thing, but Pokemon card game.  I often thought it was a no-brainer for them. 

If that was on mobile I'd probably play it. I'm tempted to pick up Yu Gi Oh on the Switch for the same reason. 

2 hours ago, Maf said:

I had that game when I was a kid but then lost it somewhere along the line. It goes for a lot of money now.

Ha, I still have it. With the box and the card that came with it.

Definitely a cool game. Also a nice showcase how persistent we can be as kids because I completed that game and got all the cards without understanding a single word of English. I had to learn the entire ruleset via trial and error which looking back was absolutely bonkers but as a kid you just go "alright, ok".

Also, yes, I would totally play that again on Switch. At least as long as it's presented nicely. Kind of like the digital Magic games, or Hearthstone or Thronebreaker.