passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

14 minutes ago, Nag said:

Been reading a few bits and bobs online after this launched, why have they decided to put HDR on the UI? which, by the sounds of it, forces non HDR games to play in HDR settings... if that's true it's pretty fucking dumb.

Isn't this the same as the Auto-HDR Xbox does? 

Can be disabled in settings anyway, nothing to worry about.

Thanks but will think I will pass, I’m just been inpatient....possibly not for this thread, but wish suppliers would just give some clarity, we expect stock X date, your in the batch should receive by X date, I’m guessing will be the same for the ps5....

Will probably kill off the scalper market if they just announce shipping dates to the U.K.

Mine is with shopto but whenever I ask them when will I get the console it’s the same answer we will update you when we can, meaning I’m searching daily for a console, not knowing when and if they will be available this side of Christmas.

Some known issues that might be worth taking into account / reading up on

Now that the PlayStation 5 has officially released in select countries, users are reporting all sorts of problems with Sony's new gaming console. While console issues on launch day are fairly common, some of these problems are enough to worry prospective and current PS5 owners. Minor issues will likely be fixed with firmware updates, but there's still some big problems that may require help from PlayStation Customer Support - or even having the entire console replaced.

Minor problems with the PlayStation 5's DualSense controller or the HD Camera for PSVR are typically fixed with a little troubleshooting and updates. Some of the larger reported problems arise from transferring PS4 data to the PS5. Users have reported data transfers taking overly long, and even overheating the console in some cases. A few have even claimed the data was completely lost, something that's sure to make new PlayStation 5 owners a little uneasy.

While some of these data transfer issues may come from players' internet speeds, other PS5 problems aren't so easily explained. Issues that stall the console during restarts, as well as consoles that lose power for no reason, have been reported as well. It's enough of a problem that PlayStation has some troubleshooting tips on its website. In some cases, players have had to use factory resets on their PS5s to get the consoles working again.

The greatest problem that's been reported about the PS5 so far is that a storage glitch can brick the PlayStation 5 console. This was first reported prior to the PlayStation 5's launch, with several early reviewers corroborating that storage problems caused the console to crash in Rest Mode. However, the problem can potentially brick the PS5, which means a replacement console from Sony may be the only solution.

Disabling Rest Mode could potentially fix this, since most problems stem from there. A future firmware update will hopefully fix Rest Mode issues before long. In the meantime, it may be the safest solution to disable it through the PS5 Power Saving menu in Settings. This way, players won't have to worry about storage problems or data transfer issues happening while the console is sleeping.

I always have my consoles And streaming stuff plugged direct. It’s noticeably better. Some things like remote play it even recommends you plug it in. 
Very strange problem. These consoles weren’t ready really were they? Sure after a month or 2 they’ll be fine though. 

I see. Well, my Switch (eventual PS5) and PC are upstairs. The Broadband modem is downstairs. So WiFi is my only option at present. Other than the occasional download ala Nintendo Shop, potentially losing out on the other online bits won't keep me up at night.

4 hours ago, OCH said:

To be fair, I would have thought WiFi was the norm at this point?

It was the norm before I think a lot of people realised it's way worse. WiFi speed/responsiveness fluctuates due to having to pass through walls and noise from other devices.

(which is why stadia is so rubbish, it can't fix ppl's crap home network environments)

It's fine though, you don't need minimum lag if you're not doing taxing online gaming like nag says, stuff like CoD or mmos.

It’s one of those things. Like how, a gen or two ago, they made such a big deal about how amazing always online systems would be.

The logistics behind that only being viable if both everyone had Internet access and to the same speed. 
Neither of which is a reality... anywhere, I don’t think?

On 15/11/2020 at 08:50, Nag said:

Jesus fucking christ... was this thing tested.?

Extensively. Series S/X and PS5 are still having a lot of teething issues at the moment. These niggling issues affect every new console at the start of a new generation, these issues may be more pronounced this time around due to COVID though. 

Era threads for reference:

ResetEra Series S/X Thread

ResetEra PS5 Thread

The Ethernet issue will hopefully be patched out along with the External Drive/Rest Mode issues quite quickly via a Firmware update hopefully. 

I've used WiFI since I moved into my Flat for my Pro and never had any issues. I wouldn't be allowed to plug a wire into it even if I wanted to ?

Ok @Nag Sony have been developing PS5 for the last 4-5 years but have done 0 testing on it, if that's what you want to believe then go for it.

I'm not downplaying it at all, it's just consoles have teething issues at launch. They all do to a greater or lesser degree, this isn't your first rodeo. 

I'm passing on this info to avoid people having potential issues on here. I care about you guys and your consoles, I want you all to have a great experience with whatever you pick up. That's why I mentioned it and warned you all about it in the first place.

I will say though, this is all second hand information, largely coming from ResetEra. I have read some info today that says the Ethernet issue only affects the console if you try to do the PS4 to PS5 transfer, but others say it can affect it in general. Which is why I wouldn't connect to the net that way for now until there's a firmware update, that would be my recommendation. There may be one released by the time we're playing on Thursday, who knows.