passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Yep but if you want to play another game have to swap the disc over…if your not in the room or somewhere else then your stuck, from what I’ve read you can play digital games seamlessly.

Ah ok, yea makes sense really. It’s shit, but understandable. Meant to only play games in same room anyway so guess that doesn’t change much. Least it still streams the disc in the drive though. Was utterly flabbergasted for a second then lol.

Sounds like they were supposed to take the initiative on some PSVR2 projects, but with Sony's currently fairly questionable commitment to that platform..

edit apparently it was a GAAS title they were working on, but post Jim Ryan they seem to be cutting lots of these projects

News like this is brutal though not cause of the cancelled games but the disruption to people's lives. 

After lots of debating I resigned up to ps plus and yep I got a portal, arrived today, it’s very well boxed, and it’s very well made. Feels a good weight and also feels like a quality piece of tech, haven’t got time to try it today but looking forward to getting some gaming time in while watching the footie.

PS5 Pro specs leak/rumour

https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-pro-specs-2024/

• Rendering 45% faster than PS5
  • 2-3x Ray-tracing (x4 in some cases)
  • 33.5 Teraflops
  • PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution Upscaling) upscaling/antialiasing solution
  • Support for resolutions up to 8K is planned for future SDK version
  • Custom machine learning architecture
  • AI Accelerator, supporting 300 TOPS of 8 bit computation / 67 TFLOPS of 16-bit floating point

I’m not sure what 2-3x ray-tracing means. 

I take my usual opinion of numbers written down don’t mean very much. Series X was more powerful than PS5 and it has meant almost 0. But interesting anyway. Especially the upscaling bit

Why do Sony keep going for 8k when it doesn’t matter. Worry about 4K first.