passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Usually not one to drool over hardware pieces like this but the fact that it unlocks on equalizer in the Xbox OS is pretty cool.

One thing that bothers me with these wireless headsets though is that you have a device receiving and transmitting signals very close to your brain for prolonged periods of time. Am I paranoid? Are there any studies about that kind of thing? I've always used wired headsets for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally forgot to watch this, will have to look up some of this. 

And Sable still hasn't a release date? They're really taking their time. Also happy to see Lake is coming to Xbox, unless that was already known and I forgot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first one's already big, Alien: Isolation at 60fps. That game was super sluggish on Xbox One and IIRC also never got an X patch as the development team was already gone by that point.

Life is Strange is a weird one to add but why not. Lots of UbiSoft Open world titles in there as well.

I honestly wouldn't even expect anything about Gears 6 at next year's E3. 

My only fear is that by the time it comes out Series S will already be huffing and puffing so I hope that system doesn't hold them back too much. On the other hand, Gears 5 looked sublime even on Standard Xbox One so maybe they're just a magical team.

Jesus, what's going on with those system updates lately? I think I've had to download three in barely twice as many weeks. It wouldn't bother me too much if they didn't take so friggin' long. Just a little one of 500MB or something take almost twenty minutes to "verify" and "install". It's really annoying when you have an hour left to play something and a third of that gets wasted by these stupid updates. 

Seems the stock situation on the Series X/S side is getting better. 

I've been eyeing up an SX myself the past couple of weeks but have always managed to talk myself out of it. I get barely enough time to play the games I already have so it was the sensible decision. 

Hoping they'll do some kind of special edition when Starfield drops, that's likely when I'll pick one up, maybe after November when my PS5 finance is all paid off, we'll see.

I've seen Series S lying around here for a while in certain stores. I get the feeling that system is going to be dead weight in the years to come.

I might hop on the Series X train sooner than expected as well, possibly. It takes over 3 minutes from booting up the game until you can move your character in LiS2 on my base Xbox One.

Could be interesting, if nothing else to finally see how much Infinite has improved (or not).

It would be nice to see something more substantial about Perfect Dark, Everwild and Fable but I don't want to get my hopes up. I feel like even without Covid these games would be far away.