passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Selling loads at a 30% cut to steam is better than selling none at 100%. I know that's a massive exaggeration with the numbers, but I know loads that are chomping at the bit to get MCC. I know I am.

It especially would make sense for something like Sea of Thieves to make the jump as well, since the other players are part of the content as well, even if you're going out of your way to avoid them.

I put the Xbox on Saturday for the first time with my tv and played watch dogs 2. Looked awful but because I’d been using a 32” tv before I just assumed it was because it was now bigger that it was jaggy af. 

Yesterday I’m playing around in the settings. It’d for some reason decided to set its self to 720p and the worst colour setting ??‍♂️ Turned all that shit up. Looks beaut now. 

Also had a problem of it thinking I had game pass in the subscriptions but then that I didn’t when going in download a game. Used the phone app to get the game instead and now the console agrees ??‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen they’re doing the last of the 360 & OG Xbox BC work. Gutted about this, I love having access to my 360 games on the One and eventually Scarlett. Would be great having one console which played all generations. Was really hoping they’d get the vast majority of all games on there eventually apart from obvious licensed games which would be a issue. 

In better news, at least one of the best 360 games has been added to the list - Asuras Wrath! 

Spoiler

Original Xbox

Armed and Dangerous

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

Xbox 360:

Asura's Wrath

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

Enchanted Arms

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Far Cry Classic

Far Cry Instincts Predator

Infinite Undiscovery

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

Skate

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

Syndicate

Too Human

Unreal Tournament 3

Xbox One X enhanced games:

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

Banjo-Tooie

Kameo Elements of Power

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

• 4 weeks later...

They do. Its pretty rare, and I've never experienced it happening with a console (they're a new thing in consoles I guess) but I've had a couple die on me over the years. 

I'm not sure how it would present on an Xbox. On pc it'd struggle to boot but then you'd get freezing and read errors whenever you tried accessing the hdd 

What is people’s opinion on Xbox One remaster vs Xbox One back compat? They got a lot of these on sale right now but I don’t if the remaster of Bioshock Infinite is better than just me putting my Bioshock Infinite disc in the Xbox

5 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Amazon’s games streaming platform Twitch has lost one of its biggest stars - to a rival site owned by Microsoft.

Tyler Blevins, known to fans as Ninja, had 14.7 million followers on Twitch and mostly played Fortnite.

Mixer was launched in 2016, but has lagged behind the popularity of Twitch and YouTube Gaming.

In a statement, Microsoft said it was “thrilled” to bring Mr Blevins on board.

"Mixer is a place that was formed around being positive and welcoming from day one, and we look forward to the energy Ninja and his community will bring.”

Mr Blevins, 28, told his fans via Twitter about the move.

"I have been holding on to this for quite some time,” he said.

"I’m just super-excited to let everyone know. I’ll be streaming on Mixer full-time now and I’m honestly at a loss for words. I’m freaking out in the best ways. I feel like I’m going to get back to the streaming roots.”

The financial terms of the deal have not been made public. As well as streaming exclusively on the platform, Mr Blevins will also represent and promote Mixer at events.

Divided fan base

In a peak month, Mr Blevins was making a reported $500,000 streaming on Twitch. The move is likely to divide his fan base, suggested Janko Roettgers from entertainment business magazine, Variety.

"Ninja has a dedicated fan base, and many will likely tune in, no matter the platform,” he told the BBC.

"At the same time, the departure is also a chance for other Twitch streamers to scoop up some of the more casual viewers of Ninja's streams.”

At the time of writing, 80,000 people had subscribed to Mr Blevins's new channel on Mixer.

Mr Roettgers said the signing, probably for a huge amount of money, was a clear signal of intent from Microsoft to catch up in the streaming sector.

"Microsoft is trying to find new gaming revenue streams that go beyond selling hardware,” he said.