passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Well, personally I found the Xbox Showcase far more enjoyable than the PlayStation one. Loads more games I’m actually interested in. If I’d not heard about P3 Reloaded and P5 Tactics beforehand I’d have liked it even more. Good showing after a slow start but still far too many 2024 games IMO. Most haven’t even got a date in 2024. Apart from a couple of games that’s yet another year in 2023 where Xbox aren’t delivering. Starfield alone isn’t good enough. Sure I’m excited for Forza but that’s way too niche, hardly anyone else really cares about that.  

Lucky for them 2023 seems to be a slow year for Sony and Nintendo as well, but at least 2024 looks really promising.

I think there was one thing missing in the show, like Perfect Dark, whatever Coalition is doing or Rare's next project. But overall a really enjoyable and versatile showcase. I'd agree that it was the best one out of the three.

Tuned in 15 minutes late but thought the Showcase was awful overall. Not much for me in there really, Clockwork Revolution, The Chinese Room game, the Dontnod game (Joust) and the game from the Persona team.

No showcases have been great this Summer but the SGF one was the best for me I think.

I missed lots of it

Turned in and a bunch of people were whispering. I don't get this Hellblade thing at all or what it's all about, other than whispering dudes.

I'm not going to watch the Starfield thing, bethesda deep dives are always very boring. But I reckon that game might turn out good anyway, least I'm going to give it a chance anyway

I got pretty much fuck all from any of these showcases... no State of Decay 3, no Gears news, no Stella Blade updates... meh gaming's fucked at the moment.

I just caught up with the showcase. It was pretty solid I thought. Had a few games I want to play, a few I don't personally but see the value of for others. Clockwork Revolution, Fable, Path Of Goddess, South of Midnight, Avowed looked brilliant and of course Forza (again).

Hellblade 1 I still need to play. Not sure what kind of game it is tbh and the trailer to 2 certainly didn't give me any clues. I'd love to play Flight Sim but... it's a sim, an impenetrable sim.

Then I watched the whole of the Starfield showing. Honestly I could not stop watching. That game looks incredible on all levels. I'm glad to see it's not just a skinned Fallout. They've really gone all out and I just hope it's as polished as it looked on day 1. I likely wont play until next year myself once my life is more settled. I'll probably be at TotK until Christmas at this rate! But yeah, looks real good.

6 hours ago, mmmark said:

Hellblade 1 I still need to play. Not sure what kind of game it is tbh and the trailer to 2 certainly didn't give me any clues

A quick look at Wikipedia ticks it as a Action adventure/Hack and Slash... it's a difficult game to pin down though tbf... it has qualities of both of those (the combat I remember really liking, it has an almost rhythm quality going on) it's also quite puzzle orientated. There's also the big thing about mental health going on in there. In my opinion its a great game and well worth a play through.

I'm glad to hear that Starfield really impressed people cause it felt like it was being written off too fast. Still not going to watch that deep dive, but more confident in actually buying the game when it releases now

For all the hullaballo about not having exclusives on xbox, maybe Starfield will be the most interesting exclusive title this year. IMO

I watched nothing of the Starfield presentation but know I'll be spending time with it when it arrives... I've also stayed away from most sites that must be having literal breakdowns from the fact its capped at 30fps on console...😱

I watched the Starfield thing, I’m definitely a lot more interested. Before I didn’t really care but it showed really well. Although it’s likely to be yet another game that just has too much in it for my liking and I’ll get exhausted by it pretty quickly. 

9 hours ago, mmmark said:

Then I watched the whole of the Starfield showing. Honestly I could not stop watching. That game looks incredible on all levels. I'm glad to see it's not just a skinned Fallout. They've really gone all out and I just hope it's as polished as it looked on day 1. I likely wont play until next year myself once my life is more settled. I'll probably be at TotK until Christmas at this rate! But yeah, looks real good.

Yeah I completely agree, the whole presentation really turned me around on the game after the last showing. More thoughts in the Starfield thread but it looked fantastic overall, seems to be polished already and the exploration looks second to none, I just want to walk about in those cities already and get utterly lost. 

That was one of the best conferences I’ve seen for a long time.

Not too interested in Star Wars but Fable and South of Midnight both had very eye catching trailers (as soon as I heard “wanker” in Fable I was sold lol).

I don’t remember the exact order of everything announced but almost everything they showed aligned with my tastes. Avowed, Monkey Island (I’m unlikely to ever play Sea of Thieves but it was a great trailer), Path of the Goddess, Jusant, Dungeons of Hinterberg, Cyberpunk, Metaphor ReFantazio (a name that could only ever have come out of Japan), Clockwork Revolution and Starfield. It was interesting from start to finish.

This'll be interesting as everything I seem to read points to the FTC having a massive uphill battle with the arguments they're hanging on to.... we'll see.

Apparently if its delayed a couple of months Microsoft have to pay another 2 billion. Not sure how that works if MS then just buy Activision 2 months later, but great news for Bobby Kotick I guess, which I'm sure we're all pleased for him about