passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1

DisturbedSwan

Technically this would be for collection 2, a different game entirely. But, I mean it fits here

Sounds like MGS4 will be coming to PC and modern hardware. Which would be great. I mean the game sucks and I don't really want to play it again, but well I like having the option to all the same

https://www.pcgamer.com/metal-gear-solid-4-is-finally-being-freed-of-its-playstation-3-prison/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

• 1 month later...

This is essentially just a port of the existing HD collection, even down to Konami not updating the copyright year on it (2012). 720p

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/hands-on-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-could-be-so-much-more-but-isnt

At least it has Snake's Revenge tho, which might even be a sly little 'fuck you' to Kojima as he called it a crappy game lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that these are out, people are finding out that it actually runs at 720p native on everything, upscaled to 1080p. Which leads to bad visual quality, worse than if it was just 720 without upscaling

MGS1 doesn't have true analog support, it translates the analog inputs to 8 way digital (so snake controls poorly on stick, in other words)

Sounds like a very low effort, but not surprising with Konami

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Now that these are out, people are finding out that it actually runs at 720p native on everything, upscaled to 1080p. Which leads to bad visual quality, worse than if it was just 720 without upscaling

MGS1 doesn't have true analog support, it translates the analog inputs to 8 way digital (so snake controls poorly on stick, in other words)

Sounds like a very low effort, but not surprising with Konami

Nah man it's a meta commentary on capitalism and the state of modern gaming

There's a video here that shows the differences

Also because I am a sucker for Metal Gear I did buy it, and I definitely felt the input lag in MGS1 that this vid mentions. Feeling vindicated (not for buying something that is shit, but recognising the same problem as this dude)

The squished aspect ratio for the PS2 games is particularly weird, they are narrower than 16:9. However the console versions seem to actually fill the 16:9 container, seems like a bit of a rushed botch job but especially on PC

Still, I wanted versions of Snake Eater and Sons of Liberty for PC