passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post When You Complete A Game 2023

DANGERMAN

01/01/23 - As Dusk Falls (XSS GP) - Complete

03/01/23 - High on Life (XSS) - Normal

After a promising start & ok middle this really started to drag & get annoying about 3/4 of the way through. Decent gunplay, traversal & ability suite though.

6/10  

03/01/23 - Somerville - Series X.

12/01/23 - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Series X.

1051a076-a9bf-4af9-aaa6-729fcab66b43.png

Played through again in New Game + to mop up the achievements I'd missed... didn't mind replaying it anyway as it's a brilliant game.

Strange Horticulture (PC)

The Curse of the Golden Idol (PC)

Hoa (PC)

I didn’t think that GRIS invented a genre and I don’t know if it inspired Hoa, but it’s one of the games Hoa closely reminded me of.

I remember seeing a short trailer for this at the end of a Wholesome Direct and being blown away. That short trailer is the opening of the game. Like GRIS, it’s a beautiful game where the art and the music are a big part of the experience. In this case the game has a Studio Ghibli art style. The entire game is about 2.5 hours long and all the music you hear is being performed live by an orchestra or solo piano.

Gameplay is possibly even simpler than GRIS and for the most part involves basic platforming. The challenge increases slightly at the end but it’s definitely a suitable game for young children.

And adults too, obviously. I highly recommend it. I would give it a very strong 8/10. The metacritic score of 68% is very harsh.

03/01/23 - Somerville - Series X.

12/01/23 - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Series X.

14/01/23 - Evil West - PS5.

185b0cae1be74-screenshotUrl.jpg

I think I would've enjoyed that more if the colours weren't completely out of wack....

01/01/23 - As Dusk Falls (XSS GP) - Complete

03/01/23 - High on Life (XSS GP) - Normal

06/01/23 - Tinykin (XSS GP) - Complete & 1000/1000GS

17/01/23 - Prodeus (XSS GP) - Complete

Great Classic style DOOM game. To my eyes this is one of the greatest looking games I’ve ever played too. Adored the graphical style and effects.

Highly recommended.