passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

one-armed dwarf

Glad its out next year, my wallet couldn’t take much more hammering this year 😄

So very excited for this. Recently replayed the first part on PS5, and Yuffie’s additional chapter. This can be just “more of that”, and I’d be happy. But I’m looking forward to where else they take the story. 

Let fucking goooo!!! I’m so excited for this and that trailer seems to have put to bed one of my fears - I was worried they were going to update the combat to a more shitty and mashy XV style. But appears they are keeping it the same, & that was excellent in Remake. 

I wish I had any emotional attachment to FF7 because this looks phenomenal and I like the story theorycrafting that's going on among the fanbase. But without having finished the original or played the remake or having any plans to buy a PS5 this entire saga will unfortunately just move past me.

I do wonder why they decided to show it so close to XVI release's though because personally I think this blows XVI out of the water just in terms of what we've seen. Just an overall more desirable product that has a clearer idea of what it actually wants to be.

1 hour ago, mfnick said:

I was worried they were going to update the combat to a more shitty and mashy XV style.

Why would you expect them to do that? 🤔

13 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

XVI, man, I actually might not even buy it anymore. But at least there's still some good FF games being made

This irks me to read to be honest, game isn’t even out yet lol. Previews have been glowing and it’s expected to review better than any other FF for donkeys years. 

I don’t get what some folks’ issues are with it, every time I see it it just gets me more hyped, I really don’t see what’s not to like. Do they see the combat and think it’s FF XV again? I don’t understand.

I’m hyped for both 16, and Rebirth. From what I’ve seen of 16 so far, it’s looking pretty impressive. Rebirth, well I love FF7, so of course I’m excited for more of it. 

They were always going to have to reveal something about Rebirth, or the fans would have gone ballistic. But “Early 2024” means there’s still plenty of time to enjoy FF16. 

1 hour ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Why would you expect them to do that?

I’m sure I’ve heard of or read in the past from an interview that they were thinking of why they could do with regards to enhancing the combat in VII and how they wanted to move even further away from turn based combat - which Remake did a hybrid of. I’ll see if I can find it.

Either way it’s not a concern now. :) 

Yup, Definately looks top notch, story seems like its gonna go down same batshit insane path. as long as he doesnt go full kingdown hearts on story line for us all is good.

Though dont get the hype of everyone going nuts about it being on 2 discs!  so was remake.

If anything,I want 3 disks, if this is Current gen only then assets will be taking up that much more space?

• 3 months later...

Now this is the part of FFVII I like. Going through all these locales and all the different minigames, chocobo racing/breeding with its own progression and stuff to unlock. Never understood the idea that Midgar was the best bit, it really wasn't imo

The Zack stuff remains weird though. Very tired of (FFVII Remake part 1)

Spoiler

multiverse stuff

, if that's what this is. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/09/14/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-developer-interview-reveals-fresh-gameplay-details-as-new-trailer-debuts-at-state-of-play/

Main points here seems to be that Vincent won't be fully playable but like an AI character the way Red was in the last game, he'll be properly playable in the final game.

Also it ends at the end of Disc 1 in the original game, which was basically the halfway point all told. But they are moving things around as well 

There is no 'save carry over' as such cause each game is balanced differently, which makes sense. A full reset like Mass Effect 2, but apparently there's some sort of bonus you get with save data from the previous game. Personally don't mind that as I've gotten quite attached to my PC save and there's no way to transfer that across anyway

Final Fantasy VII Remake showed the story up until the escape from Midgar, but what point does Final Fantasy VII Rebirth take us up to?

Nomura: 

We have mentioned this a few times before, but the order in which you can explore the locations is not the same as the original Final Fantasy VII, and there are some shifts in the order. For example, Wutai, one of the major locations, is not part of the route in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and will be visited in the next one. Although there are some changes in the order of the locations, the locations depicted in this title extend up to “The Forgotten Capital,” where the greatest fate of Final Fantasy VII awaits you.