passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto VI

DisturbedSwan

• 4 weeks later...

Hope it’s a good trailer. Don’t know why because I love this series but I’m just not feeling any excitement at all yet. Maybe because I didn’t like RDR2 and Online has less than zero appeal for me I’m a bit worried about their future direction. 

I haven't enjoyed a GTA since the first one, so I'm not interested, but it is very pretty. Suppose a lot of the trailer would have been the sort of semi cutscene stuff where they can make it look a little better, but if the driving around was how it will look (even if that's on a RTX4090) that's still impressive 

I like the crime couple setup, but we already knew about that from the leak. Visually looks pretty impressive but the last GTA was made for Xbox360 so it's easy to see the improvements in that sense. Doubt I'll ever play it though, never really enjoyed the series.

Got a fun vibe. Very happy they appear to be still having a big SP component. If that pedestrian and traffic density can be kept (when appropriate) in game and they’re not just cut scenes that’ll be pretty damn impressive. Could actually negatively affect gameplay though if they’re in the way all the time.

Either way I’m a lot more interested now. Revealed far too early again though just like every other game. 

Looks absolutely phenomenal, some of those shots are almost photo-realistic at times, they definitely tricked me a little for sure.

I've mostly loved GTA's over the years, it's really just IV I didn't love back in the day with its too serious tone and annoying cousin mechanic. It'll be cool to just drive and fuck about in a new huge open world really, that is what GTA is best at, some of the side missions will be spectacular too.

Also, by 2025 do you think we'll have already had any firm announcements about the next gen (given current gen will be then be hitting 5 yrs old)?

So a bit like GTA V it might come out as the last hurrah on current systems (PS5/Xbox X (S?)), with impending update/re-release to follow 

Doubt that this is coming out on last gen. R* will want to push standards for open world and those old CPUs and HDDs are not going to enable that. If they can't handle Cyberpunk then there's no hope.

RDRII was probably like that last hurrah, tho it's strange that one hasn't got a next gen console upgrade yet given how nice it can look on PC

edit seems they did already announce this. PS5 and Series S|X. No PC announcement, so they're probably hoping to hold that one back and make people double dip. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-6s-announced-platforms-for-2025-release-date-dont-include-pc

3 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Also, by 2025 do you think we'll have already had any firm announcements about the next gen (given current gen will be then be hitting 5 yrs old)?

So a bit like GTA V it might come out as the last hurrah on current systems (PS5/Xbox X (S?)), with impending update/re-release to follow 

I think both next-gen releases have kind of been leaked by the FDA commission thing against Microsoft back in the Summer really, Xbox and PS6 are both 2028 but I wouldn't be at all surprised if both got moved back because of the pandemic, and that info is slightly out of date.

But yeah, we definitely won't of heard of next-gen by 2025, it's only just over a year away. We may well have a PS5 Pro/Xbox Series X Super Duper announced by that point though, the former has been heavily rumoured. God knows how this game will run on Series S with those graphics though 😬

Wow, it's 2023 and we're finally seeing some videogame thicc arses.  

I guess the new one goes back to Vice City but having a broader rep of Miami, and maybe Florida more generally so I bet there is a lot of juice in that fruit.

I've also got GTA5 downloading.  There's a lot of jokes about how old it is but I'm gonna play it for the first time.  I think the LA setting was one of the reasons I was less interested in it because satirical depictions of that were a bit old hat.  Felt like I'd seen it all before.  I'll give it a fair shake, tho