passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Stellar Blade

DisturbedSwan

I was going to leave it since I’ve got it pre-ordered already but supposedly there’s a “surprise” for beating it? So interested what that is? May be some extra content for the full game. 

4 hours ago, mfnick said:

supposedly there’s a “surprise” for beating it?

If this is true and the reward sounds semi decent I might change my tune.

Looking like good news for performance based on the demo

- The Stellar Blade demo is released today on PS5 and features 3 graphic modes.

- Performance mode applies a common 1440p resolution at a constant 60fps.

- Balanced mode renders at a common 1440p resolution with a 4K output using TAAU. Its framerate suffers some drop, but maintains its performance at 60fps normally.

- The resolution mode reaches 2160p in exchange for limiting the framerate to 30fps.

- As for the graphic settings, there are no significant changes between modes beyond the anisotropic filtering and the LOD of some distant textures.

- Shadow resolution, drawing distance, ambient occlusion or post-processing (among others) remain the same.

- The possibility of turn off the chromatic aberration effect, which (on a personal level) is exaggerated, is missing.

- As a recommendation, I would choose the performance or balanced mode. Given its nature, 30fps is not an option for a game as frenetic as Stellar Blade and its resolution difference is not that significant.

1440p. What all current games should be trying to achieve imo

A bit intimidated playing a character game like this. I've got so bad at games over the past few years, especially fast ones, I'm just so old and slow, I hope I like it because it looks cool 

I don't like it. I mean, I'm pretty early in to the demo, but I don't like the camera positioning, I don't think there's enough feedback on getting hit, and the worst sin it could have, the controls feel really laggy. You don't attack instantly after pressing a button, nor do you block, and given that so much of the game seems to focus on parrying that really drags it down. 

I could see it being one of those games where it doesn't control right for 10 hours, then you build the character up enough that it plays like it "should", but it's not for me, and it's not the Neir em up people seemed to be expecting. It's got the same unflinching enemies as a Souls game, unfortunately 

Just finished the demo, I personally loved it. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and I’m not talking about Eve’s backside. The combat feels satisfying to me, took a while to suss out the parry/dodging mechanic, but think I’ve got the hang of it now. 

Yeah, I’m so looking forward to the full game now. If it’s anything like the demo, this is going to be fun.

The game has been out for 6 minutes and there’s already no damage runs

The game looks hard. I hope I like it. I don’t usually play demos but maybe I should give this a go first